Blank slide as source for projector

salmar

I have a Kramer VS-41H 4x1 HDMI Switcher. It runs to our auditorium projector to switch from the computer to the blu-ray. I use this for the stage sometimes for shows, but need it to go black from time to time. Currently I just include a black slide on the computer, as disconnecting the source shows the blue screen. I would like to have a source I could switch to instead in case I need to use the computer without disrupting the show.

Would there be a way to use the switcher to do this?

I know a guy who made a home made dowser that was controlled with a wired remote that was literally an old cd rom drive and a black plastic disk. Super simple, super effective.

If we want to get into how to make a cheap projector douser, tape a 3 ring binder over the top of the lens and tie a string to the end, pull up on string to open, let go to douse.

tape a 3 ring binder over the top of the lens and tie a string to the end, pull up on string to open, let go to douse.

I would be very cautious using a binder (which I believe only come in plastic with card board) to douse a projector. Could either start a fire, or just burn the plastic, which is carcinogenic. Perhaps it would work with a classroom projector, but with a more intense projector, I would definitely worry about heat.

Last edited:
I would be very cautious using a binder (which I believe only come in plastic with card board) to douse a projector. Could either start a fire, or just burn the plastic, which is carcinogenic. Perhaps it would work with a classroom projector, but with a more intense projector, I would definitely worry about heat.

Good point. I am slightly embarrassed to say I did this on a 5000 lumen projector and the binder did not get past "a little warm"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back