book story book

pflipper1

how could you make a large story book that you can change pages and has about 10 pages? it is for slipping beauty (part of A Trio of Fairy Tales by Father Gander). it needs to fit in a stage 18 ft wide x 12 ft.

Last edited:
Define "large". As in, 10' high by 15' wide or big enough for a narrator to sit by, say 3' or 4' tall by 6' wide?

Did it and even won a Chicago area “Elephant in a Shoe Box” award for my O’Henry Short Stories production use in part due to a double sided flat mounted on a boom. Actual book that the talent was able to change the page to during the show. O’Henry in presenting his short stories was also as if in a sleeping car bunk within the audience etc. That was on the right, to the left was another small stage, the front and center stage was bi-part with a wall and large window with doors between. Hard space, did my best and at some moments made art I think.

Still though, used a double sided 6x6 flat mounted on a pole to do it overall.

We made a smaller storybook for Once Upon A Mattress using this foam insulation . This stuff is our lifeline! Being a high school, we rarely use luan anymore! We use this foam to face most of our platforms. You might be able to either get larger sheets or you could attach sheets together to get the size you want.

We did "A Year With Frog and Toad" a couple years ago at my school, and we made a large book out of foam "pages" and then added a muslin material about 4" wide to the inside of the pages for the spine of the book, then pushed the muslin sheets together and screwed two 2x4s together on each side. We built a stand to sit it on and we were able to turn the pages for each scene. I'll take a picture at school on Monday and post it on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back