Booth Pictures :)

Wow that is a lot of lighting console for that room unless there are lights around that I'm not seeing.
There are a few lights you can't see. But a couple of years ago there was a fire in the auditorium and everything was destroyed. That was the new console they decided to buy. We also do some bigger events through the year and hire moving heads when needed so it's useful then.

Here's the sound/light booth:
proxy.php

The video booth:
proxy.php

View from the booth:
proxy.php

This thread is interesting to me because we are considering a remodel to our booth, and one thing I want to do is tilt the glass windows to remove the reflection of our faces, and give us a better view of the stage. Does anyone have this, or have you found it unnecessary?

Our lighting booth in which the stage manager also sits has double pained glass with a adjoining door to the sound booth (usualy closed so the light board op and stage manager can chat it up). They have their own door out into the theatre as does the sound side. On the sound side they do not have glass inistead they have a metal liftgate so that the sound booth can have an open window and also be secure from break ins when closed. Though I have seen many different configurations it seems situational as to weather or not the tilted glass works or is necessary. In my case the booths are on the first floor and so instead of looking down you are typically looking forward and up. With minimal light in the booth there is usually minimal reflection.

proxy.php

This is a little old and we've changed things a bit, but this is basically how our booth looks.

What you don't see in this photo is the other end of the booth, which is a vast open nothingness of free space. I've been pushing for getting an air hockey or pool table put in there for lack of absolutely no other practical way to use the space.

What you don't see in this photo is the other end of the booth, which is a vast open nothingness of free space. I've been pushing for getting an air hockey or pool table put in there for lack of absolutely no other practical way to use the space.

Box it and ship it up to me.

Why two lighting desks?

When one Congo just isn't enough...get another!

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have another booth to take pictures of!

Two lighting desks because we frequently enough do weird things with our lighting control. For example, the Jr. will be on stage or at the sound position during a show/rehearsal, but at anytime the programmer can move to the full-size Congo in the booth without having to physically move a console around the theatre. At the present moment, both consoles are in the booth only because the sound position is going to be too crammed with gear and ops for the next show.

We also have a tendency to use Jr. in our black box theatre and float it around a lot instead of dusting off our less-capable Express 24/48 for those events.

While we don't use the feature very often, it's also possible to have a programmer at each console editing the same show file simultaneously, but on a day-to-day basis, we're much more likely to just use run one of the consoles in backup mode.

One of these days our Express console will either bite the dust or become impractical to use for that theatre's events, at which point we'll retire it and put the Jr. in that the theatre and leave the full-size Congo on its own in the main theatre.

We had the same problem up at Southern Door, Mike. A couch and Laz-y-Boy work well to fill in the empty space. Now..to just pick up that mini fridge and DirecTV.

You guys make it sound like having too much space is a bad thing! I would kill to have enough space in my booth to put furniture in!

You guys make it sound like having too much space is a bad thing! I would kill to have enough space in my booth to put furniture in!

To me, if a booth is empty, it sort of signifies nothing of importance is done in there. It's good to be "well prepared" and have as many items for the job at your disposal as possible. :cool:

To me, if a booth is empty, it sort of signifies nothing of importance is done in there. It's good to be "well prepared" and have as many items for the job at your disposal as possible. :cool:
Spoken like a man with a small booth and a lot of stuff. :)

Our studio's booth is JUST wide enough for an E3 board, a narrow Mac keyboard, a 12/24 channel sound mixer, and a 19" rack. There is also only 2' between the desk and wall so you can't really move around. IIRC, the booth is commandeered flats that are too beat up for stage use. And if anything slides too far forward it hits a patron in the head. It's a special place.

Or your a roadhouse.

When one Congo just isn't enough...get another!

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have another booth to take pictures of!

Its still a Congo. All the space in the world cant make up for that.

Ok. Another booth... This time, from my HS.

proxy.php

Lighting.

proxy.php

Sound.

proxy.php

View from DSL.

proxy.php

Blackbox Booth.

proxy.php

AV Studio Booth.

proxy.php

AV Studio.

Last edited:
Here is the FOH from our most recent show - Vista T4, MA2, Soundcraft Series 2, M7CL.

marshallpope-albums-miscellaneous-picture5919-large.jpeg

Here is our auditorium's booth. It is hard to photograph because it is so long and narrow!

View from entrance:
L.JPG

View from other side:
R.JPG

Video projection:
video.JPG

Audio:
audio.JPG

It is a nice, spacious booth. Off camera is my desk and a storage room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back