BREAKING: B'way shutdown now til May

This. Cause nobody wants someone farting or puking then the plane smells like rotten eggs and 5 bloody Mary’s and tequila.
Like everything else on the plane they invest a lot of RnD into it besides the seating and bathroom size cause that's their FU. We built a 70m flying brick you poop in a closet and sit in a crawl space.
"cause that's their FU."
FU?? 'splain PLEASE.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Bad words that can’t be said.
Bad words akin to phuque up?
I've always liked the phonetic spellings: Phuque and Phuquecough. Neither MS's Spell Check nor Control Booth's profanity nanny notice or know what to make of them.
Toodleoo!
Ron (mercifully from outside little Donnie's walls) Hebbard

Studies have found that airplanes filter the virus out of the air very effectively and the risk is reasonably low. Airplane systems are also fairly uniform. By comparison, air exchange and filtration in a theater is rather limited and varies from one building to the next. I wouldn't get on a plane now, but I also wouldn't go to the theater, restaurant, or bar.
Absolutely correct. Air exchange is the big component. By that, we mean HVAC doing air changes per hour (ACH). If you can hit a minimum ACH depending on the size of the building, your chances of transmission are reduced to very,very low percentages- single digit. But not every building can do 3-12 ACH, with the proper filtration. A fan in a room isn't ventilation. Open windows help, but they aren't what does the heavy lifting. "Air purifiers" for a single room that plug into the wall socket really will just recirculate a finite amount of air most of the time.

On top of that, just like in 1918, you have to anticipate that people will take time to actually be comfortable with the idea of congregating in large public events again.

Absolutely correct. Air exchange is the big component. By that, we mean HVAC doing air changes per hour (ACH). If you can hit a minimum ACH depending on the size of the building, your chances of transmission are reduced to very,very low percentages- single digit. But not every building can do 3-12 ACH, with the proper filtration. A fan in a room isn't ventilation. Open windows help, but they aren't what does the heavy lifting. "Air purifiers" for a single room that plug into the wall socket really will just recirculate a finite amount of air most of the time.

On top of that, just like in 1918, you have to anticipate that people will take time to actually be comfortable with the idea of congregating in large public events again.
Direction of airflow is important, too. In commercial passenger aircraft the flow is downward. Fresh air comes from above the passengers. The air returns are at the cabin floor level.

In better news, the Australian company of Hamilton has resumed rehearsals. Good for AU/NZ!!!

I’m so grateful to be in Australia where things are starting to come back to life. Opera Australia is back performing with a whole lot of protocols in place - good article here - and a reduced audience capacity, along with Frozen, and Pippin has just finished a short-ish run too. I’m thoroughly sick of wearing a mask almost the whole time at work, but I will take it. Checking in and doing a temperature check as we go into the venue has become second nature. My state is up to 13 days with no community transmission and I’m just hoping that New Zealand allows quarantine free travel from Australia soon as I haven’t seen my family for over a year.

I’m so grateful to be in Australia where things are starting to come back to life. Opera Australia is back performing with a whole lot of protocols in place - good article here - and a reduced audience capacity, along with Frozen, and Pippin has just finished a short-ish run too. I’m thoroughly sick of wearing a mask almost the whole time at work, but I will take it. Checking in and doing a temperature check as we go into the venue has become second nature. My state is up to 13 days with no community transmission and I’m just hoping that New Zealand allows quarantine free travel from Australia soon as I haven’t seen my family for over a year.
Annnnnd today, 'leading the world' (The Last Superpower....ahem. :wall:) Coachella and Stagecoach just announced they are cancelled for 2021. Surpising nobody, really.

Can I come visit you for... like the rest of my life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back