Brick wall (on luan)

Another thought about the brick pattern: Many brick buildings (particularly large industrial/institutioanal type buildings) have "bonding" courses every 2 or 4 or 8 rows. (In the bonding courses, the ends of the bricks are facing outward.)

You can probably find pictures online by googling brickwork, or just walk outside and look at some buildings.

Joe

that what we did. inside our Scene Shop one wall is the orgianl wall from early 1960's (didnt have Sceneshop by then) we followed that pattern.

ok guys and gals. heres the update on the walls. heres some pictures first...

proxy.php

proxy.php

ok the first picture above is the actual size of the wall. 12 foot high... long side is going to face the audience.

the 2nd picture is the... well clearly the backside. the bracing is only temptory while the painters paint. will replace with more solid bracing once its all finished and moved in the Blackbox.

when i took the 1st pic i was standing about 18foot away about the same distance from the first row to that wall on upstage right.

what do you all experts think? :grin::grin:

to jwl868 : as you can see in the 2nd picture the brick wall in the background is the one we use as our example to create the wall we need.

Don't know if you're still around to answer, but what did you do for a permanent brace? I'm looking at a 12-foot high by 16-feet wide wall. There are two side flats that go back around four-feet to create a three-sided structure. I'm looking to use a jack brace sorta like what you have, but then secure them to the stage floor. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back