The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

broken dimmers

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by zac850, May 12, 2004.

1. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there was a recall or any known problems with the ETC Smartpack dimmers? I have 3 of them, and two of them have a broken dimmer. It is stuck full on. I've checked the board, all of the circuitry, and everything else, and I know for a fact it is the dimmer.

anyone know if there is a known problem/recall on them?

there the ETC Smartpack 12 dimmers per rack, 1.2kw

thanks
    zac

2. BenGranucci

BenGranucci Member

Why not give ETC Tech Support a call. The few times I've had to deal with them, they have been extremely helpful.

3. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

I will eventually get in contact with them. problem is the arts director is talking to the people who installed the system without me, so there asking him to check such and such and call back tomorrow (such as the patch on the board). I need to sit with him while hes on the phone and make sure we can get them fixed. We got them new, so they need to be under warrantee still.......

i was just looking for the possibility that I had forgotten something stupid....

4. bdesmond

bdesmond Active Member

Do they continue to mis behave if you pull them out of the rack and put them in another slot (swap them with another pair)? Does the pair that you swapped them with work properly in the other slot?

5. BenGranucci

BenGranucci Member

I think ETC would probably be willing to stay on the line with you and run different tests with you over the phone, so you could have the troubleshooting done in one day instead of dragging it out over a span of several days as it seems now.