The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!


Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Les, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. Les

    Les Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    DFW, Tx.
    Bulbs are planted in the dirt to grow tulips and daffodils.

    As a general rule, a relatively low-wattage "type A" household lamp CAN be called a bulb. Anything else, whether it be for a Fresnel, CYC Light, Ellipsoidal, Par, Follow Spot, Moving Light, etc - should ALWAYS be called a lamp. In some parts of the world, "globe," "bubble," and "bottle" (especially with PAR lamps, as in "spin the ___") are also used.

    Parts of a incandescent stage/studio lamp:
    Illustration from Notice in this illustration, "bulb" refers to the outer glass envelope. See also MOL, LCL.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009

Share This Page