Burning twigs

I once had a discussion with someone on how to make a "realistic" fire on stage with a few small lamps and fans and another part that I can't currently remember to cause the lights to flicker.

Well, now I actually need to remember how to make something like that for an opera in a few months so I've decided to pick brains.

Ideas? Suggestions? Do I need to give more information?

Thanks. :)

Jessica

I once had a discussion with someone on how to make a "realistic" fire on stage with a few small lamps and fans and another part that I can't currently remember to cause the lights to flicker.
Well, now I actually need to remember how to make something like that for an opera in a few months so I've decided to pick brains.
Ideas? Suggestions? Do I need to give more information?
Thanks. :)
Jessica

Do a search for stephanie on here, that will give you a pretty good result, sounds weird but yes, search for stephanie.

A search on "Fire effects" should prove useful as well. There have been several threads dealing with this.

The search tool is your friend.

My patience today hasn't been the best and what I found right off when I did a search for fire effects wasn't translating into my brain very well. But thank you. :)

I've been there, and understand. Reading back , I think the third component you're looking for is Silk. If you want the flickering "flame" effect like on the end of a torch. However, as footer pointed out you might want to take a look at the "stephanie" thread. I really like the idea that guy posted in his first part of that thread. no real flames every seen but you definately know the prye's been lit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back