Buxie vs Roxie2?

bobh66

Has anyone compared the Robert Juliat Buxie and Roxie2 side-by-side?

We have a Buxie and are really happy with it. We just got budget for a second followspot and I'm trying to decide between another Buxie to ensure they match, vs going LED with a Roxie2.

Any experiences or thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob

I will add that when you get the new light, you should also get a new lamp for the old spot unless it's already basically new.

I'd be curious if there was an upgrade option since I believe they are in large part the same. And you could of course sell the Buxie and buy two Roxies.

Wish you could do a side by side and not only look but listen and feel (heat). I'm very supportive of moving forward but the slight mismatch in color and I suspect eveness across the field may be objectionable.

I'd be curious if there was an upgrade option since I believe they are in large part the same. And you could of course sell the Buxie and buy two Roxies.

Wish you could do a side by side and not only look but listen and feel (heat). I'm very supportive of moving forward but the slight mismatch in color and I suspect eveness across the field may be objectionable.

I mean gel can fix anything. ( Apollo’s new slogan of 2nd QT )

If you can get a demo of side by side do it.

How often do you have 2 spots running at one time. Giving clients options or even the Operators options of it they want to melt their face off or slightly less melt their face off.

Either get another Buxie, so your fixtures match, or get 2 new Roxie2's. An upgrade would be more expensive, if in fact it were possible. The Roxie has a DMX dimmer, not a manual dimmer. some optics might have a different coating as well. The pool of light will be different between the 2, even if you can match the color temp...

Hey, Bobh! The Roxie2 is going to be close to the Buxie - RJ's development plan with their LED fixtures is to provide equals to their discharge or tungsten offerings for both followspots and conventional fixtures.

That being said... To pair followspots you most likely want to match the fixtures so that output, operation, and optics match. I work for ACT Lighting, and I'd be happy to try arrange a demo to compare, but the best approach may be to match existing.

On the plus side, the Roxie and Buxie are the same price!

Thanks all, I went with the Buxie to match the one we have. Then before I can even get it out of the box the powers-that-be ask if we can do an LED retrofit of the space. Murphy at his finest. I'm planning to start another thread to get some input on that. Thanks again for all of the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back