buying a lighting board

nez

hey i have been talk to some local bands in my area about do lights for them and i was wonderin if there were any sugjestions about wat board i should get ??? help would be gladly welcomed cuz i have only used the board at my school which is one of the nicer boards i have seen but i need sometin small and pordible

nez said:
hey i have been talk to some local bands in my area about do lights for them and i was wonderin if there were any sugjestions about wat board i should get ??? help would be gladly welcomed cuz i have only used the board at my school which is one of the nicer boards i have seen but i need sometin small and pordible

what kind of board are you looking for, two scene preset, one with lots of subs, cue only board, tracking....?

well wat im really lookin for is somtin where i can run a couple of chases as well as induvidual sliders and preferable cheap to but that is not a big problem

well right now im pretty much open to anything because im just starting to get stuff

get something that supports DMX.... and if your doing concerts you will want subs.... whats your price range?

For dimmers, get NSI D-4 DMX dimmers. They have four channels each and will run you about $135 a piece. Then get a DMX board that suits your needs. Will you want to expand to movers or DMX effects later? Or will you stay with totally conventional fixtures? And money...if you're really in a tight pinch, I've seen some American DJ and similar brand equipment last a LONG time, even though it sometimes gets a bad rap. Try BulbAmerica.com and see if they have what you want - as before stated, it would be good to know your price range. Also, how many lights are you going to want to run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back