Control/Dimming Buying advice needed - ETC Express 48/96

pagaille

Hi all,

I need to invest rapidly for a conventional 24/48 lighting control with subs and cues. It will be replaced in the next two years by a new up to date model. Still, i want the old one to remain useful as a backup or for smaller shows.

I do not plan to control automatic fixtures with it. Maybe only some led fixtures in the future.

I just had an offer for an used ETC Express 48/96 for 650€ (850 US$). It comes from a rental cy that decided to close the doors.

Any advice regarding the price, the technical limits and the availability of spare parts ? I saw that ETC stopped the production in 2009...

Thanks for your help and advice.

Matthieu

If it works properly at that price it's a steal. Get it. It'll work just fine for conventionals and a couple LED fixtures. If it was gonna run you around $3k I'd recommend going with an Element for a bit more. But $850? Done deal.

It is one of the most sold boards around. There are plenty around that are working great, I know, I have one.

...and the availability of spare parts ? I saw that ETC stopped the production in 2009...

While the product has been discontinued, it will be a very long time before ETC stops supporting Express consoles. Heck, they still fix Microvision FX consoles on a regular basis, along with several even older consoles still in active use.

That is the first reasonable price I have seen on an express. I would not buy one of any flavor for under a grand. Buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back