CAD Dynamic Block

chawalang

So, I am running into an issue with a dynamic block that I made. I created a drafting plate block in a template DWG where I make all of my blocks. In this block I inserted some images, the logo of the producing organization and the logo for the production. I also put in some attribute definitions so that I can quickly enter things like scale, TD, designer and the like when I drop it into paper space.

In my DWG where I make all my blocks, I open another paper space tab and drop it in, my attribute definitions pop up to fill out all the info and I see the images in the block as well.

My issue is that I have some older drawings in another DWG that I am trying to update with the new drafting plate block I made. When I drop it in my attribute definitions don't pop up and neither do the images.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

You say DWG so can I assume AutoCAD?

If so, dynamic block or attribute block? I could be wrong since I don't update my learning as the program evolves, but attribute blocks I thought had text fields and dynamic had moving parts - like beam clamps you could drag to fit.

I have not found a way to redefine attribute blocks that have been inserted. When I need to, I just delete, purge, and reinsert.

Now, if you are using vectorworks, I just wasted my time and yours.....

Its in auto CAD and i actually just fixed my problem, I needed to type the W command to actually write the block after changing it so it would save on my hard drive and be available for other drawings.

OK. Creating a file by write blocking. I thought you were inserting a newer version into an old file and wanted the old attribute block to be updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back