The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Calculating Low Lying Fog

Discussion in 'Special Effects' started by Amiers, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Amiers

Amiers Well-Known Member

Ok so I am trying to wrap my head around this to see if it is even worth it cost wise to attempt this.

We are roughly 65' X 65 or 65 round depend on who you talk to. The "ring curb" sits at about 2 feet.

My question is how high does low lying fog sit?

How far do each the Antari and the ADJ shoot out for coverage vs what they actually spec?

I looked through the searches here and the debate of the Antari vs Mister Kooler is pretty much even yet the prices are opposite ends.

I could buy 5 units of the ADJ before hitting the Antari but that puts the breaking point to 5 units versus the 1.

Thoughts opinions comments all welcomed.

Here's a Pano if you don't already know what our arena looks like.

image.jpeg

2. techieman33

techieman33 Well-Known Member

I've used the Antari machine it will will go out 20-25ft at full blast. It's borderline for a 24'x24' dance floor. It would look good for a minute or two a full blast then it would have to warm back up for a minute before shooting again. I tried to run it at around half to keep it somewhat continuous but it just didn't have the output at that level to keep things covered. I don't think it will ever make it to the center of your ring even if you had a few machines around the perimeter. I think your probably going to be stuck in the Aqua fogger or LSG range to get a nice looking effect in your space.

3. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

I agree that a dry-ice fogger (or two) would probably be the best bet. Other than that, you would probably want something like the Martin Glaciator or Antari DNG-200. One I saw on Froggy's Fog, but am not familiar with is the Vortex Avalanche. The little guys just won't be able to cut it in your space.

4. Amiers

Amiers Well-Known Member

I was hoping it would work. I can't justify 2500$ starting cost for a 4 min act. Bahhhh I wish entertainment wasn't so expensive.

If I had time to make a DIY I would but I feel that even then I would have issue just cause of our layout.

5. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

What kind of fogger do you already have? Can you build a chiller?

How long is your run? Can you rent?