California indoor concerts, shows, etc... allowed as of April 15

What Rigger?

I'm so fly....I Neverland.
As we've said before, just because you can, doesn't mean anyone will.

None of these scenarios make money for promotors or producers until we're practically back to the "new normal" in a post-vaccinated world.

From what I have herd from my colleagues I’m not sure they will even be able to do shows. A ton of people in the live event/ concert industry have left California over the past year.

From what I have herd from my colleagues I’m not sure they will even be able to do shows. A ton of people in the live event/ concert industry have left California over the past year.

The industry has lost (by my estimate) a minimum of 20% of workers. Anyone who wasn't able to move to full time incomes in installation or critical infrastructure (telecom/data) went to work at Home Despot or other place with benefits after 90 days. They aren't coming back.

But not doing shows? I guaran-freaking-tee that shows will happen regardless. There will be suckage, there will be train wrecks, there will be people - workers, performers, audience - who get injured or killed, too. But there will be shows as soon as promoters can have >50% audiences.

Get your vaccination, wear your mask...

Thanks for the post to that WSJ article. I am sharing that far and wide.

I'm happy that someone is thinking about guidelines and reopening plans. The feeling I get from talking around the industry is that we need at least 75% capacity before big shows start to make sense financially. California's guidelines don't allow that yet even in the best case scenario. So, it'll still be a while before these kinds of events happen to any large degree.

I'm happy that someone is thinking about guidelines and reopening plans. The feeling I get from talking around the industry is that we need at least 75% capacity before big shows start to make sense financially. California's guidelines don't allow that yet even in the best case scenario. So, it'll still be a while before these kinds of events happen to any large degree.
And ohio is still limited to 25%... We're booking shows and broadway tours in Toledo (as is the stranahan, huntington and just today they added 2 promedica concerts in september) for the fall now, but it all still hinges on people getting shots in arms and ohio relaxing those restrictions for us. Toledo's expecting 80k for attendance for the Solheim cup in september. Let's not even talk about the explosion of Michigan cases right now. The next 4 months could go wildly either direction and that just sucks.

Most locales are going back to 2019 far too soon... at least 45 days. I'm expecting for Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekends to be super-spreader holidays.

It will be interesting to see what comes from yesterday's Texas Rangers baseball game - nearly a full sell out crowd (50,000).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back