California may ban conventional lightbulbs by 2012

OOOh I hadn't thought about that, Maybe Gafftaper and I should buy a truck We'll et Ship to send us lightbulbs routing tem from O'hare, to Seatac, then down here. Load them on a truck and sell them for a 500% mark up in Yreaka. Bladerunners ? No. Bulb-runners.

That's in theory possible - this given some of my favorite suppliers are in California, and they if they can still sell them would have to ship them to the Chicago area so I could ship them back to California. Don't laugh... I have done much more strange things in the tour support world.

You know I'm still sitting on two very dusty cases of IMPACT - no longer available 150PAR38FL lamps... Anyone start the bidding? Much less I have cases upon cases of 40w incandescent lamps and others just waiting to fund my some day in the way off future retirement fund in part.

Last edited:
One other thing to bear in mind that putting a bill on the floor is one thing, but getting the bill passed is another. The bill will have to go through and be passed by the California House and the California Senate, and if it really lacks steam, it may be tabled or sent to a committee along the way.

While voting against environmental legislation looks bad on a politician's record (and may well be political suicide in California), something like this is not a lock.

Joe

So, what are we going to do in 2012? Use fluorescent light fixtures?
Well I'd think there are two schools of thought about that. The first is that according to the Myan Calendar the world is going to end Dec 21st 2012 so we wont have to worry about it after that. The other school of thought is divided between those who think that LEDs will save the business and those who beleive that A. this legislation will never pass. or B. if it does pass the Entertainment industry will have an exception filed.
At least those are my guesses.

Well I'd think there are two schools of thought about that. The first is that according to the Myan Calendar the world is going to end Dec 21st 2012 so we wont have to worry about it after that. The other school of thought is divided between those who think that LEDs will save the business and those who beleive that A. this legislation will never pass. or B. if it does pass the Entertainment industry will have an exception filed.
At least those are my guesses.

Isn't California suppose to break off the continent by then anyway?

No thats a few million years from now,

Anyone read the latest issue of PLSN about the CFL proposed laws in California and other states bandwagon, Canada and Australia this month? This in Editor reply and in additon to Phillips new techonlyogy (above), but also a GE and other source for more efficient incandescent lamps to be aware of the science in?

Actually I think they've backpedaled on the ban down here. Don't know why.

In my opinion politicians are just afraid of not being scene when they give speeches

Actually I think they've backpedaled on the ban down here. Don't know why.

Perhaps someone actually thought about it and realised it would be near impossible to do... oh wait. We're talking about politicians...

WE in Cali are used to massive law-happy legislators. I plan to text my order of HPLs while I drive. Between that and the wireless restrictions, I'm sure we can use glow sticks and tin cans on a string.

Hey Madcubehs, firstly, welcome to CB.

Secondly, do you know the last post on this thread was in 2007? :p

Restarting the topic I suppose,
I heard not to long ago of a ban in Massachusetts of said bulbs.
Doubtful it would ever pass and practicly all fine arts programs would be ripped and practicly destroy or extremely hurt the theatre and production industry for a long time.

Oops...my bad...and no I wasn't aware of the date on the post. Oddly, it did sound outdated...but I could swear this same legislation was being re-introduced or someone had mentioned to me recently. Oh well. My newbie CB status is showing evidently. I figured someone had sent it to me in light of my California address (or being from the Sacramento area).

I'm still making me way through the CB navigation thing.

: ) Don't worry, kind of fun seeing an old thread again.

Yeah, I heard the same way over here. Just going to have to wait and see I guess.

Note the article posted by ship mentions that "improved energy saving halogen bulbs" and "Highly-efficient incandescents" will still be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back