California plug?

You have enough...We need something special for Washington. OR better yet, Idaho! (Is there even anyone from Idaho on CB? well, I'm almost in Idaho :)

ANO Derek, electricity is no different in California as it is in other parts of the country (or world).

i beg to differ, in the united states power is the same, if you go to europe however, there is a reason you need different connectors and special adaptors.

Umm..No
I have seen anywhere from 110-130 volts out of wall outlets in different places.

Yes, but that's not MEANT to happen, as far as I've understood it.

The standard voltage in the US is 120V with a tolerance of 10% though power fluctuations are far from uncommon. Sub standard utility supply infrastructure can lead to low voltage issues in some areas, and proper voltages on a maintained supply line.

i beg to differ, in the united states power is the same, if you go to europe however, there is a reason you need different connectors and special adaptors.

Yes there is voltage differences, but as far as electricity itself, is there really a different kind depending on where your at. And I know that there is hydroelectric like what we have in Spokane, or Nuclear (Like the one about to explode in Japan) but does that make the electricity different?

And as far as voltages, there are limitations to what the plug can handle, but it isn't specific to California (the power I mean).

Yes there is voltage differences, but as far as electricity itself, is there really a different kind depending on where your at. And I know that there is hydroelectric like what we have in Spokane, or Nuclear (Like the one about to explode in Japan) but does that make the electricity different?

And as far as voltages, there are limitations to what the plug can handle, but it isn't specific to California (the power I mean).

Nuclear, coal and the hydro electric dams use basically the same principle. Where Hydro Electric Dams use the preasure of the water to turn a turbine, The Nuclear and coal use steam. Therefor the power is the same coming out of both the dam and nuclear power plants.

How it is made, wind, coal, water turbine or nuclear, makes no difference. It is sent out at high voltage and then broken down through the power grid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back