Came across a large eBay auction of older used gear

porkchop

First off, I have no relation to the seller and have never bought from them, but they have a feedback history that seems somewhat respectable (feedback score 662, 98.8% positive). All auctions seem to be ending Sunday sometime and most have 0 bids. Not seeing any real gems, but there are a lot of hard(ish) to find parts at cheap prices. Lots of Martin, High End, and Coemar. Some working fixtures some not. Could be the right time for the right person.

Blurb from sellers store says:
We Warranty, Recondition and Stock Ready to Ship Used Stage Lighting Gear ALL SALES are covered with a 48-hour warranty. This listing is used and sold in AS IS condition. Buyer has 48 hours to inspect the product once received. Revolution Lighting, at its discretion, will either repair, replace parts, or accept returns should the equipment not be in working order.

http://stores.ebay.com/lightauction/_i.html

I bought some lamps from their website and wasn't real happy with their service. It took almost 3 weeks to get my order. I placed an order for 24 BVW lamps that they showed as in stock along with a couple of other items. I ended up getting 2 BVW lamps, and one CYX lamp. I'm guessing whoever threw the CYX into the box assumed that since the box was the same size as the BVW that they were the same or something like that. There was no note in the box or email letting me know that they didn't actually have the rest of the lamps. It took them a few days to get back to my email asking where the rest of my lamps were. They said they didn't have them and would refund me for the lamps I didn't get. Which I was fine with, until it ended up taking another 3 weeks and multiple emails for them to actually refund me.

TLDR: The part of my order that I actually got was fine, the customer service was awful.

That's why I don't shop eBay. I scrolled through 2 pages looks like some neat stuff. Wonder what company went under with all these parts just floating around.

I've purchased movers from their brick & mortar store. Agreed it was a bit like pulling teeth to get them to fulfill the order over the phone before pickup. I got the impression that they focus primarily on large orders. But the equipment was as advertised, and a GREAT deal.
We got 4 used VL2ks and 4 Martin washes for under $3000.

@Pie4Weebl and I bought a pair of consoles from them, no problems, good condition. Lots of ex-Christie and ex-Solotech gear pops up there, I think both of those companies dump their unwanted inventory in to that seller.

I've purchased movers from their brick & mortar store. Agreed it was a bit like pulling teeth to get them to fulfill the order over the phone before pickup. I got the impression that they focus primarily on large orders. But the equipment was as advertised, and a GREAT deal.
We got 4 used VL2ks and 4 Martin washes for under $3000.

How did you manage to do that?

i am in the market for some wash fixtures.

They were having a clearance sale on VL2208s and some 250 watt Martin washes at the time. Their website has a link to an Excel sheet with their current inventory and prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back