Camera For Theater

The cv350 is only a 10x optical zoom. Then we got 2 PTZOptics 30x zooms.

All 3 are about 65’ from the plaster line. The Marshall we don’t zoom at all since we’d have to physically climb up to it or use the crappy small remote, but it was always intended to be a full stage shot for us.
The PTZ cameras can zoom in to a light switch on the upstage wall about 100’ away and you can “almost” read the labels. But generally speaking we can get a decently clear chest up tight focus about 75’ away with no problems.

This video doesn’t include the Marshall camera but all the tight shots are from the PTZ cameras (the thumbnail is a good example) with the exceptions of the wider on stage shots.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How are you using the PTZ cameras? Running position cues from Isadora/Qlab/other?

How are you using the PTZ cameras? Running position cues from Isadora/Qlab/other?
For now, nothing special. Just an ip joystick. We haven't been doing any shows or anything intense, most of the content we've produced this year is stationary readers or performers being recorded. We have a few positions saved in the stick, but haven't found ourselves using them much favoring someone in control finding what looks interesting on the fly since they're usually b cams.

I really liked the Datavideo cameras. My only issue was that my theater was bigger, so low light was an issue due to the zoom. In show conditions when I had them closer (80' or so), they were just fine. Bonus was that I was doing a demo with the HDBaseT models and the setup was a breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back