Design Can We Make Fire?

jmac

Trying to simulate a fireman walking out of a building fire . Doesn't need to be totally realistic, but enough to get the idea across (for about 5 seconds). We can't use smoke, fog, haze. I have one S4 with a Rosco Infinity. Can something be done with these? If so, suggestions for gobo (preferably cheap) and Infinity wheel? I have no wheel now, and they are pricey, so I don't want to get the wrong one.. Gel color? Thanks.

Gobos aren't that great for stuff like this, as real fire doesnt look like a nice looking metal cutout. You can get fake fire things, but they pretty much only come camp fire sized. I would sugest one of two things. One, if you have a set peice, like a wall with a door in it, stick a cyc curtain, or some kind of semi-transparent cloth stuff behind the door and just use 3-4 pars with slightly different coloured gel's chasing. That would give you your flickering fire effect. Alternatley, project somthing, you would easily be able to find some Hi-Res fire clips that you could loop together, play this, software like Adobe Elements 7 has the ability to add effects like smoke to it aswell, so you can make your clear fire video look all smoky as well. Again, this idea only works well if you have a door from wich your fireman can come through, with the fire projected behind him, unless it was a bushfire but its not. And I live in Australia, and we are pretty sick of bushfires.... As for gels, I don't have our flip-book of gels here, but I'm sure someone can give you a good number if you do decide to go down the Gel route. Hope this helped, PM me if you need any more help with the video side, if thats what you decided to do.
Cheers
Nick

The martin mania stuff works great!
There is a dedicated fire effect which is the DC2
but i find that the DC1 water effect works best if you just stop the colour wheel on a nice orangy red and then just set it so the 'water' is flowing upwards!
If you need any more help PM me!
I will attach a link to the fixture I'm talking about
Hope I've helped!

Product - Mania DC1™ (Discontinued)

It says they're discontinued but ask around hire companies (they'll have simular effects possibly not martin but they'll do the same thing)

or if you want to purchase eBay it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back