Can you set individual channel Levels with ETC Midi.

The_Terg

First off - GADZOOKS I havent been on this forum for ages. I'm bad at keeping up with forums, what can I say.

My question is simple. My Highschool has an Express 48/96, and i've been meddling with Midi control of the console. I have cue changes, macro fires, and submaster control all figured out. The manual for this console is unclear as to individual level control via ETC Midi. There is something cryptic written under the heading of "Level Wheel Control," but I can neither figure out if that means I can control levels, nor can I figure out how to use it. <b>Does anyone have experience with ETC Midi, or know if level control is possible through a midi port?</b>

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs_downloads/manuals/Express_Two-scene_Preset_v3.1_User_Manual.pdf this is the link to the manual for the board, and I refer to page 294.

The context to this question is a project of mine. http://community.livejournal.com/theatre_techies/555009.html You can find out more information here, in this link to an LJ community. In a nutshell, I am a lazy high school senior who does not like to buy anything, and I dream of being able to focus lights via my cellphone (I test the system tomorrow).

Last edited:
havent ever tried that one.... well what you could do is write alot of macros to do it..... ie macro one hits 1 macro 2 hits 2.... it would be a bit tedious but it would be a dirty way of doing it.... the level wheel control moves the wheel on the larger expression boards... the express of course does not have this control.... gl....

Footer4321 said:
well what you could do is write alot of macros to do it..... ie macro one hits 1 macro 2 hits 2.... it would be a bit tedious but it would be a dirty way of doing it....

Thats actually pretty genious. I think my plan is that i'm going to write about 15-18 macros that will do everything. Instead of making one macro per channel, I think I am going to write the program recursively, so it will keep hitting the (plus) button until it gets to the channel it wants, and then it will type (at) (8)(0) to set the level it wants. It will be slower, yeah, waiting for the board to scroll all the way over to a particular channel, but I hope it will work nicely. Thanks for the perhaps inadvertant tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back