Can you smoke on stage at your theater?

Is smoking allowed on stage in your area?

• Total voters
Is E-Cig availability better in the US now? I researched it for a show two years ago, and was having issues finding anyone domestically who was selling them. The price point was around $200 then too. How expensive and readily available are they now?

Usually E- Cigarettes are preferred. However However it's not really the smoke that's the problem, it's the Lighter, since we're on a university campus , and use of a lighter, Cigarette, or even smoke or haze requires an open flame permit, which is obtained through the on campus police dept.

Easy to solve the lighter problem. Take apart a lighter, hook up a switch to the button, LED, battery, bob's your uncle. Seen it done quite a few times.

For our current show, we are using a few e-cigs. We seriously considered using herbals, but decided against them at the last minute. (I believe it was the final dress) We are, however, using a real lighter onstage, so there aren't any issues with that here, that I know of at least.

My college's theatre (actually the one that had problems with herbals catching of fire, lol), herbals are good to go, no tobacco however.

At my parent's theatre, ________ all of the house guys smoke tobacco everywhere, including my step dad and my mom who are artistic director and president, respectively, of @#$%. So at this particular house, it always smells like tobacco.

Nick,

Does your Mom know you just threw her under the bus?

Last edited:
why is that rob? is there something I said that I shouldn't have? because I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble....

Last edited:
Snipped incriminating details, and yes, I did make the broad assumption that smoking was banned in public venues where you were.

Last edited:
The issue is that, thanks to all the information you volunteered, anyone with 30 seconds and Google could trigger a lot of people getting visits from the management, possibly even losing their jobs. Something to think about next time.
I know it's difficult to believe, but there are places left in the United States where it is perfectly legal to smoke indoors and nobody gets in trouble for doing it.
BTW, His mother IS "the management"...

The issue is that, thanks to all the information you volunteered, anyone with 30 seconds and Google could trigger a lot of people getting visits from the management, possibly even losing their jobs. Something to think about next time.

something to think about next time...... oops

something to think about next time...... oops

Don't forget you can remove that from your post. And if Tex and cpf are nice enough to edit out of their quotes, whatever you said will go away. ;)

OR, if you go to [edit post], [go advanced] at the top, it will allow you to delete that post all together.

Is E-Cig availability better in the US now? I researched it for a show two years ago, and was having issues finding anyone domestically who was selling them. The price point was around $200 then too. How expensive and readily available are they now?

We use an older version of this package. We also bought an extra cig-battery and atomizer so we would have two. Which was a good choice since we just had one walk away. I also ordered over the phone to make sure we got the nicotine free cartridges. Total cost was under $100.

PCC Starter Kit

Here we just got done doing a production of Andrew Lippa's 'Wild Party', and in the play they smoke several times on stage. We Just called up a fire marshall, he did a quick inspection and approved up. We just have to have a person on both sides of the stage with fire extinguishers on standby!

hey guys, i just wanted to thank chausman, cpf, Tex, and rjn0 for editing your posts. I made a dumb mistake and I really appreciate you guys helping me out so I don't get anyone in trouble that doesn't deserve it. You know how it is, sometimes you don't know if there's shakehand agreements to not talk about things that might break the rules. This has taught me a valuable lesson though where if you are not 100% sure that you can say something to the public, don't even mention it. But again, thanks.

EDIT: if i knew how to tag you guys, I would. :( sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back