Can’t remember the term to search, low profile lift

I can’t for the life of me remember what to search. I believe there was a system out there to create a permanent lift, like for a pit, that did not require drilling down through the floor. Can anyone help?

google Gala Systems. They have some incredible Videos out there. Their systems are really cool! Pain in the butt to install but really cool.

Serapid is the other one. Both Gala and Serapid are "holeless" systems. Both can work in 30" usually, and perhaps a tiny bit less in some circumstances.

(30" being pit or sub-pit floor to lift floor at lowest level.)

Reactions: Van
Serapid is the other one. Both Gala and Serapid are "holeless" systems. Both can work in 30" usually, and perhaps a tiny bit less in some circumstances.

(30" being pit or sub-pit floor to lift floor at lowest level.)
@Mtnbiker226 Keep in mind the GALA Spira-lifts are TRULY GREAT products (Used world wide by the likes of Disney) and they truly can be installed without the need to drill down to bedrock and / or through the water table.

The 'BUT' to keep in mind is:
Whether your lift requires one varying height supporting column, two, three, four, six or eight columns (due to square footage, weight requirements, static and / or live loads). Each supporting column amounts to 'POINT' loading: Your ~400-ish square foot lift may be capable of being supported by as few as 3 varying height columns but each of those columns is effectively reducing its share of the load to an area of approximately four square feet ( 2' x 2').

From the perspective of the lift's manufacturer; no problem, they'd have made certain their lifts were MORE than capable of handling your loads.

The REALLY BIG BUT is: How is the floor below your lift constructed?
Is the (basement or whatever) floor constructed to support your amount of square footage with your amount of weight on as little as four x 4 square foot "points".

All's well and good UNTIL your lifts sink into your improperly constructed floor and effectively bore their own wells down to, and below, your area's water table.

An engineer's stamp of approval for your floor's ability to handle / survive the appreciable point loading is something you REALLY want to have in hand BEFORE you issue the Purchase Order for your GALA lifts AND their installation.

GALA manufacture, and warranty, great products: Have you got the floor and underpinning to support them??

Forewarned is four armed (or maybe even five or six armed)
@sk8rsdad @bobgaggle @egilson1 @What Rigger? @anyone else: Would you care to comment PLEASE!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
It goes without saying a foundation is needed for all columns, which is all a gala spiralift or serapid stiff chain is. I've one under construction and two very big grade beams to support it.

For the most part gala doesn't do lifts with less than four jacks today FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back