Capio Plus dimmer modules

Kpusa

My theater has a Capio Plus ILS-CP48 dimmer rack. At the time it was installed we could only afford 24 dimmers and are thus left with a half filled rack AND only 48 usable channels. I am using the CP20HP dimmer module. Some of the modules have stopped working and I have been looking for replacement modules. Today I noticed a similar dimming module for sale and I am wondering whether the module can be installed and used in my rack.

This is the module available - Philips Capio Theatre Dimmer Dual 20A Constant IPS-CM-20-CC. I have not been able to find any information on this module but from the photos of it it looks identical to the modules in my rack.

Anyone have any insights?

The module you are looking at is NOT a dimmer, it's a "constant" module, meaning straight AC power goes to the circuit in question when you flip on the module's circuit breaker. It is useful for powering things like LED fixtures which require "non-dim" or constant power.
Ebay also has the exact dimming module you're looking for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPIO-PLUS-...530080?hash=item25ba5e44a0:g:5hwAAOSwwpdW6vN2
Apparently the vendor has several of these; if it looks like you will be keeping your dimmer rack for a long time, I would certainly make an offer to buy as many of these as possible as I'm pretty sure they will get harder and harder to obtain. There is also a rack controller listed; if it is the correct one for your rack I would snap it up immediately. I believe all of these components are out of production but someone will correct me if I'm wrong! Good luck.

Ah good 'ol Capio. In the summer of 2013 my venue at the time ripped out 3 racks of Capio and replaced them with sensor3 racks with thrupower modules. It might be worth it to see if that campus surplus still has them. I had over 100 dimmer modules. I found out at that time that Phillips (Who owns the capio brand last I checked) did not have many parts left for those systems and it was essentially end of support. I don't have a contact number but it was the Texas A&M Corpus Christi campus. I would imagine they would be gone by now but who knows. Good luck!

Just chatted with Steve Short today and he says he has a number of these modules, used, that are available for sale. Highly recommend you consider calling Lite-Trol at 516-681-5288.

Good luck!

David

I, too, am looking for a half dozen or so Capio Plus dimmer modules. If anyone knows of old installs that are being replaced or another source for these modules, please post an update. Thanks.

I know this is an extreme long shot but does anyone know of a few "CP20HP Capio Plus Dimming modules" available anywhere. We have a 15 year old system and do not have the budget to replace it this year (May in another 3 or 4) and have recently experienced 2 module failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back