Cardboard boxes don't work for machines!

The transparent versions I have used as a window material. Since its corrugated, it is translucent, giving it diffusion properties that can make for interest internally lighted set pieces.

Semi-related, I have used it as a base for pusing mini-lights through to make shapes and outlines. A trick I learned from my friends in the Christmas and holiday decorating fields.

Sure, it might be a trick to paint, but some kyrylon fusion can help with that. Or, they do make it in colors. I know I've seen other uses that are escaping me.

And I suppose it's good for mail tubs at the USPS also?

Sorry, I didn't peruse the website thoroughly enough. You are correct. Corocel® is "Expanded PVC Sheets". However, none of the "polys" take paint well, without proper prep and primer. Or so I've been told. With the price of crude oil, it may be better for Van to cut down his old-growth forests to make paper.

..... With the price of crude oil, it may be better for Van to cut down his old-growth forests to make paper.

Hey don't you know? "Oregon will never grow out of trees."
At least that's what weyerhaeuser tells us.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gaff is better (but more expensive) than duct (more colors)
I don't know...
This may be blasphemous, but for putting cardb..., er corrugated paper board together, I would prefer duct tape. Here's my rule: If it needs to stay together forever I use duct tape; if it ever has to release without a sticky mess I use gaff tape.
If it needs to stay together forever and be painted, I'll use duct for adhesion and cover with gaff to take the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back