Casters For Rolling Chairs

ScenicKatie

Hey there!

I am working on the set for a high school production of GREASE and the choreographer is hoping for 10 rolling chairs for Beauty School Dropout. My stage is rather beat up hard wood so I am looking for the best casters for a smooth and quiet ride during the number. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

depending on the chairs, I bought what look like rollerblade wheels, I tried to do an amazon link, guess I'm not that smart, but if you search for chair castors, they show up.
I just bought them for my new rolling work desk chair, they roll real smooth and fast....

Sean...

Look for Urethane Casters

All other things being equal, larger diameter wheels will travel more smoothly over less than perfectly smooth and even surfaces. Something like 5" casters would be far better than standard chair wheels (but probably also look entirely out of place, alas).

Hey there!

I am working on the set for a high school production of GREASE and the choreographer is hoping for 10 rolling chairs for Beauty School Dropout. My stage is rather beat up hard wood so I am looking for the best casters for a smooth and quiet ride during the number. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
As for your beat up Harwood, I have been very been very successful patching it with Ardex feather finish. Then coating with PPG Breakthrough Wrought iron black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back