CB loses one of our own

That really is amazing when you think of it. Mike left us 5 years worth of advice scattered through 2800 posts, his thoughts, his advice, his passion for teaching and helping others will be forever preserved and available for future generations to read and learn from until the end of the internet.

I never thought about CB that way. We are not just building a community for today, we are building a legacy for the future. A record of how tech theater was done at the turn of the 21st century. 100 years from now theater students will read our posts and laugh at the insanity of using incandescent lighting, just as we are amused by Lime Light. Imagine if you could go back and read the thoughts of the best people in the tech theater community in 1914, 1814, or just 14! We are building that record for the future. Hundreds of years from now, people will be able to come here and read it all from our silly debate over metric vs imperial measurements to the day we all stopped to mourn the loss of our brother Mike. That's pretty cool.

I like to joke that in 3200 AD, archaeologists will unearth a YouTube server room. Historians will argue for decades about why we were so obsessed with cats.

I can only imagine the forms in which the internet will be preserved over the centuries.

Our thoughts and hearts go out to the Taylor family. Mike was a great member of the community, offering his expertise to all who asked, and he will be missed greatly.
I can't express how heartwarming & comforting it is to read the thoughts and wishes of those on CB that considered Mike a friend, mentor, and colleague. Mike & I met in high school in 1974 working on the school production of OKLAHOMA. Our paths went different directions after graduation, but crossed again in 1985. We were married a year later and have enjoyed a life full of blessings ever since.

Mike always lived life on his own terms and was excited to travel to Knoxville to attend the Thomas Engineering truss school this week. Despite spending 3 days in the hospital last week, he was determined to attend with a long-time friend and fellow rigger. Sadly, Monday morning, Danny found that Mike had died peacefully in his sleep. (Long-standing heart disease, folks. Quit smoking, please!)

Thanks to all of you who took a moment to share in our sorrow. Mike had a great run!

Tammy Taylor
(wife of mstaylor)

Thank you for sharing Mike with us Tammy, and thank you also for allowing us to contact you directly. May the Lord bring you peace and comfort today and tomorrow. We are one family and extend our hugs and warmest wishes to you-

Keith Kankovsky

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tammy and the rest of the Taylor family. As others have said, thank you for sharing Mike us and thank you Mike for sharing with the community, we are all the richer for it.

My condolences and well wishes to the Taylor's. I myself haven't been active on CB in a few years and happened across this terrible news. I think it really says something that I still remember posts from mike from all those years ago. He was an asset to our community indeed and will be missed by every one of us.
The world would be a better place with more people like mstsylor in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was saddened when I read this early this morning, I went back and read a bunch of his posts in remembrance. One that really stuck with me was this:
http://controlbooth.com/threads/3-f...ing-in-this-industry.32994/page-2#post-290392
post @ 21.
I also found this online:

In Memory of Michael S Taylor 1958-2014 | High School Baseball Web

First off, all condolences are more then appreciated. Dad (Mike) truly loved CB as much as he is loved here.

Second JohnD While this post was sometime in august, it was printed and left for me with in a day or two of his passing. One of the most comforting things I've had through losing him was knowing he was truly proud of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back