CB Meet Up

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Hi everyone, the CB Meet Up for USITT 2017 will be in "Not So Central Park" in the far back right corner of the Expo Hall... By the Mini Golf! Friday during the afternoon Expo Only Time from 4:30-5:00pm. Come say hello!

I wish I would've come to your booth while I was there! I am very impressed with this site!
Welcome @Kristi! We'll be at LDI in November and USITT next spring. Pay attention to this forum to find out who will be there, and when and where our meet up will be. CB is a great community of people don't be shy, join the discussion, you'll get to know some amazing people.

I've been watching it and researching questions off and on for the last several months now. I am newly the manager of 3 high school auditoriums and tech programs, two brand new! How much presence is on this site for high schools. Is there a forum for high school: tech curriculum, or tech programs, or even multifunctional educational spaces and uses? I should probably look for myself!!

I've been watching it and researching questions off and on for the last several months now. I am newly the manager of 3 high school auditoriums and tech programs, two brand new! How much presence is on this site for high schools. Is there a forum for high school: tech curriculum, or tech programs, or even multifunctional educational spaces and uses? I should probably look for myself!!
We don't have a high school specific forum. Tech is tech regardless of where you do it. So sound questions in the sound forum, lighting in the lighting forum. We do have an education forum which is there both for your own personal education as well as educating others. You'll find some discussions there of curriculum and things.

There are plenty High school theater teachers and managers around here. I manage one myself. I'm a little shocked at the idea of one person managing 3 auditoriums. I don't have enough time in my day to manage 1 correctly!

Ha! well the last 6 months have been quite interesting! I'd love to tell the story in detail but in a nutshell iI have been hired to manage the three theaters not operate them. One in operation when I was hired, the second being built, current and only TD was let go from first theater so I stepped in, second theater opened and no new hire for the first much less ready for the second so i stepped in there too, then plays began the for three HS's the third ( auditorium still being built) perfoming at the first house. Then one acts hit. Simultaneously Schools 1 and 3 at one location, and school 2 ,15 minutes away....plus rentals and meetings...oh god the meetings...
finally, jobs were posted and TD's 1&2 were hired and then I spent the next 3 weeks duo-teching launching 2 entire productions. the whole time I've also been juggling my actual job early morning construction and district meetings and creating curriculum and policy. and then....i slept.

I can't say I did it well but the shows launched theaters didn't burn down!

Welcome to the booth. Definitely look around the education section of the forum. I know I've found several people's tech curriculum posted there.

I'm a little shocked at the idea of one person managing 3 auditoriums. I don't have enough time in my day to manage 1 correctly!
I too have no idea how one person could possibly run three programs, so glad to hear you've gotten some help. I'm in Gaff's boat as well. I manage a PAC and teach one section of tech. With all the rental's and meetings, it's hard to find enough hours in the day.

Hi. Also, don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions. Sometimes, even after doing a diligent search, you might not find what you are looking for. When you ask, the info might still be here and older members might be able to help you find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back