CB Members' Age Survey v2.0

In what year were you born?

• Total voters
Re: (New & improved) CB Members' Age Survey v2.0

'89 was an awesome year, for nearly seven days in, I was born.

1986-1990 24votes 47.06%

Yay for us

Last edited:

'86-'90 is still in the lead with 25 votes, 47.17% of the total.

Additional evidence that 1990 was awesome: Desert Storm.

'86-'90 is still in the lead with 25 votes, 47.17% of the total.

Additional evidence that 1990 was awesome: Desert Storm.
Yes, due to Desert Storm my sister the AFR Surgical Nurse was deployed to...tropical Minot, ND. She got to "see the world." Certainly not a place she would have visited of her own accord (She had a Camry at the time. No offense intended, Minotians).

So to paraphrase/reiterate, 47% of respondents are 17.167-21.833 years of age. Interesting.

Is 53 out of 356 active (15%), 3073 total (1.7%), a percentage large enough to be called a representative sample?

Last edited:

So to paraphrase/reiterate, 47% of respondents are 17.167-21.833 years of age. Interesting.

Wait a minute. I was born on Sept. 26, 1990, so that means I'm only 17, which means I don't fall into the "17.167-21.833" age demographic. Either I'm the .17%, or we just ripped a hole in the Time-Space Continuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wait a minute. I was born on Sept. 26, 1990, so that means I'm only 17, which means I don't fall into the "18-22" age demographic. Either I'm the .17%, or we just ripped a hole in the Time-Space Continuum.
Never intended to insult/offend there, zwolf. Posts have been edited. You can play with the big boys now, and come September you'll be eligible to vote and to die for your country, but still you must wait 3.583 years to purchase/consume alcoholic beverages, legally. Feel better now?

Have a nice day.:) Make peace, not war. Don't do drugs, stay in school.

Is 53 out of 356 active (15%), 3073 total (1.7%), a percentage large enough to be called a representative sample?

Yikes – a statistics question. But I think you need a confidence limit to answer the question.

Also, I don’t think its a representative sample because rather than a random sample it’s just the people who decided to respond to the poll. Hard to say if that participation (or apathy) is the same for all age groups.

The peak is in the right place, based on the target audience of this website. On the other hand, I would have expected a consistent tailing off based on age effects alone, though the “before 1961” category pools a larger group into one spot.

Do you have access to the birthdate information that users fill out when registering? Even it its optional, it might be a bigger set of data.

Joe

that was over a month ago

let it die....

Fun fact in many cases 50 people is considered representative of a city,state, or in some polls the country (yay for numbers they can tell you whatever you want them to want to).

Here's a fun idea though for a graph derek, age against q-only or tracking mode.

I'm surprised there's as many of us boomers as there are. I thought it was me, Bill, and one or two others only.

Geezers unite!

There are only six other people as old as I am voting? OMG, I am a dinosaur! And the thing that's funny is that at my theater, I'm considered a kid because I'm only 50...

Life's funny that way...

Charlie

There are only six other people as old as I am voting? OMG, I am a dinosaur! And the thing that's funny is that at my theater, I'm considered a kid because I'm only 50...

Life's funny that way...

Charlie

Our oldest guy at my theater is like 65-67 so you are still really young:p

this is disgustingly out of date now can this be unpinned :)

this is disgustingly out of date now can this be unpinned :)
Out of date? Has the year you were born changed?

New members continue to answer the poll, so if you don't vociferously object, I intend to leave it "pinned."

DL

Derek can you pin Hughesie up somewhere too? :mrgreen:

Goodness me, that's a young demographic.

Me was born in 1980. Me distinctly remembers most of the late '80s. Me is moderately old... :)

Me was born in 1980. Me distinctly remembers most of the late '80s. Me is moderately old... :)
Smack! Pound! Wham! Biff! Bam!
Moderately old my .......
:rolleyes::mrgreen::twisted:

See, whereas I was born in 72 and still consider myself young (though not that young as I don't seem to get carded anymore).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back