CB Members' Age Survey v2.0

In what year were you born?

• Total voters
Re: (New & improved) CB Members' Age Survey v2.0

I was born in 84 and remember some later parts of the 80's. I also remember watching the news about desert storm on the tv.

I was born in '84 as well. I remember the fall of the Berlin wall and other big events from the late 80's like going to the zoo or Disneyland...I don't think of myself as old, except when I go to bars or liquor stores and don't get carded, that depresses me...I mean really I'm only 23! :(

'84 here as well. June 21st in fact so that means I get the most sunlight out of the entire year on my birthday :)

Ok guys.....I was born in 1947.

I remember life before television sets were in every house.... when AM radio was the best....when records were 78s....when there was no a/c in homes or cars....gas price was 17 cents per gallon....and a really good job paid $2.00 an hour.

I think things are a bit better now.

Rich Moore

I remember life before television sets were in every house.... when AM radio was the best....when records were 78s....when there was no a/c in homes or cars....gas price was 17 cents per gallon....and a really good job paid $2.00 an hour.

Rich Moore
I feel better now. The " was born in '84 and don't feel old..." was starting to get to me. :rolleyes::twisted:

I do remember driving around Chicago in 1971, My dad at the wheel cussing a blue streak 'cause he couldn't find gas for under 32 cents.....

Born in 84 and don't feel old. sigh...

Just wait until you have a couple kids, you hair starts thinning and what you have turns gray, you can't keep the weight off no matter how hard you try, a minor muscle strain takes three times as long to heal... I could go on. You've got about 10 good years left my friends and then your body will slowly begin to fall apart. Enjoy!

...Also, I don’t think its a representative sample because rather than a random sample it’s just the people who decided to respond to the poll. Hard to say if that participation (or apathy) is the same for all age groups.

Speaking for my age group, its apathy all the way.

I think '75 was a good year, but really, I was too young to remember.

Our oldest guy at my theater is like 65-67 so you are still really young:p

Of the full time production staff at the Pageant, I'm the only one under 40. 2/3 of our staff are north of 50, some by quite a bit. And with 9 years as M.E., I'm still one of the more recent additions. Most of our staff has been there 15 to 30 years.

Last edited:

Born in 84 and don't feel old. sigh...

Just wait until you have a couple kids, you hair starts thinning and what you have turns gray, you can't keep the weight off no matter how hard you try, a minor muscle strain takes three times as long to heal... I could go on. You've got about 10 good years left my friends and then your body will slowly begin to fall apart. Enjoy!

The hair started thinning when I was 12, and I found my first grey about a month after taking the M.E. position at the Pageant. Coincidence?:rolleyes:

I was born in '84 as well... I don't think of myself as old...

That's because you're not! ;)

Rich Moore

Born in '59 here. Used to watch Batman and Star Trek (the original series) when they were in production, not reruns... Still remember having to do everything on paper, by hand...now I grumble at my computer because it won't boot up fast enough.... Remember when walk/don't walk signs actually said "Walk" and "Don't Walk" and erector sets came in metal boxes with sharp corners and the (metal) nuts were square.....

I think '75 was a good year, but really, I was too young to remember.

Yep, it was. I was a sophomore in high school at the time.....

So 60% of responders are ≤22. Very good to know. I guess we better start a Hannah Montana fan-forum.:twisted:

Yes, due to Desert Storm my sister the AFR Surgical Nurse was deployed to...tropical Minot, ND. She got to "see the world." Certainly not a place she would have visited of her own accord (She had a Camry at the time. No offense intended, Minotians).

Now now Derek, lest you forget some us us were born in this metropolitan mecca af the plains states.....

Yeah really.

:clap:

Now now Derek, lest you forget some us us were born in this metropolitan mecca af the plains states.....

Yeah really.

:clap:

Keith Kankovsky
Apollo Design Technology
(800)288-4626
Winner of ESTA's Widget and Equipment Award @ LDI'07.
See the Gel Miser and Right Arm at http://www.apollodesign.com

Umm, http://www.apollodesign.com redirects to http://www.apollopros.com which is an Engineering/Information Technology/Professional Staffing assistance web site..... (unless my browser is burping.....) :oops:

Umm, http://www.apollodesign.com redirects to http://www.apollopros.com which is an Engineering/Information Technology/Professional Staffing assistance web site..... (unless my browser is burping.....)
PEBKAC! (Google it.)
Try apollodesign<dot>NET. Or the old address: internetapollo<dot>com. Or The Apollo Program :)

kelite, what does it say about the Minot-hatched that it took you seven months to notice/respond?

[ what does it say about the Minot-hatched that it took you seven months to notice/respond?

I didn't want to jump right in or anything. (You raise your hand too quickly in class and get the moniker 'teacher's pet' you know...)

Hadn't seen this thread until the recent postings, sorry. It's been very busy preparing for PLASA and LDI with new products and such.

I'll try harder, really!

I'm not sure what to think about being in the older 43.33% and only being 25, almost 26 (20-some days). Although I must say, it is nice to see that there are so many young ones (younger than me, I know many of you would say I am a young one) that are up-and-coming.

Just how many seven-year-olds do you expect to respond?
Simply planning for the future. Five years ago, when ControlBooth was launched, no one thought in five years there'd be a 13 year-old running a Maxxyz at his church on Sundays!:) Don't want another of them Y2K crises, now do we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back