CB mixers at USITT '09

I need some help please. Im trying to figure out price.

Im going to become a member of USITT while im there as student for $63. But im also planning on attending some of the conferences but im confused on the pricing for them. I see other prices for attending ALL of them but I dont want to go to all of them and I dont have the time to go to all if the one I would like to.

So basically can anyone help me figure out the pricing for individual conferences ?

It an all or nothing thing. Basically, you pay for a ticket to everything for the day. Kind of like going to a theme park, after your through the gate you can go anywhere. There is no ala-carte option. Now, if you just want to go see the showfloor you can do that for free with a VIP pass. Also, as a student I believe the best way to go is "full conferance" every day. I don't think that there is a student one day rate. I am going for a day and a half and am doing the VIP thing because it is not worth it to me to pay 300 bucks for one day.

It an all or nothing thing. Basically, you pay for a ticket to everything for the day. Kind of like going to a theme park, after your through the gate you can go anywhere. There is no ala-carte option. Now, if you just want to go see the showfloor you can do that for free with a VIP pass. Also, as a student I believe the best way to go is "full conferance" every day. I don't think that there is a student one day rate. I am going for a day and a half and am doing the VIP thing because it is not worth it to me to pay 300 bucks for one day.

oh ok thats what the web site lead me to believe but I had been told you could pay for individual ones. Thanks for the info, I got some thinking to do now.

Yea, I'll be rocking out my first USITT in the Queen City.

And while I'm glad it's nearby, and I can just stay in my house I would've much rather seen it in Denver or someplace that doesn't have notoriously hideous downtown driving conditions.

I'm going to be making a run with all my KSU buddies to this place called Jungle Jim's on Wednesday for everyone's grocery needs.

Jungle Jim's International Market - Six Acres of Food Under One Roof - 5440 Dixie Hwy., Fairfield, OH 45014

should be good times if you want to join the caravan.

But I should also hopefully be around for some Controlbooth stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

UPDATE on the USITT front

D-funk and I dined on fine caviar and champagne today. :)

Tomorrow I'm thinking of hitting the floor right when it opens...

I am gonna attend Lighting Design around the world (Duke 231 @ 12:15-1:35) OR Resume Building (duke 260) Then I am having lunch.
Then Interview Building.

Then probably gonna hit the floor.

I'll be wearing my tattooed william shakespeare colorado shakespeare black t-shirt tomorrow. Come up and say hi, I promise I am friendly. Derek can vouch.

USITT is lot of fun so far. I am looking forward to meeting some CB folks today. I am going to be on the expo floor when it opens. I will be the big guy with black jeans and a red fleece.

~Dave

Have any of you guys out at USITT heard what the timeline is for the release of LightWright 5?

No, but they have a booth set up on the Expo Floor. I will try and remember to seek them out tomorrow, and post my finds.

BTW. The new ETC desk is called the Element. I only spent about 5 seconds with it, but looks like a nice board that fills that Express / Expression gap and fills in all of the gaps the Smart Fade left.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back