CB: Technical Forum or English Class?

How tolerant should CB members be toward abuse of the Language Arts?

• Total voters
I'm probably a terrible person, but I might lose my teacher card if I didn't point out that this sentence ends with a preposition.:confused:

Every other line is demonstrating that which I should not do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every other line is demonstrating that which I should not do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right Chad. I admire you for caring about your writing at such a young age. I didn't mean to come down on you, but you have to admit that the irony was delicious! ;)

cdub260, that's all in your passed.

proxy.php

Thought I should post this here.

nazi.jpg

Whenever I run across these, I always think I should post them here... then I forget.

My philosophy has always been that if you are in a forum you have the time to use the correct word and punctuation. I lost a promotion at work because I didn't have a degree. The guy that got the job knew nothing of the business and his emails/memos were unreadable. He had horrible grammar, spelling and correct usage of the problem words. They're, their, there, to,two,too, passed,past and others.
My wife is the secretary for the dept head and has to collect portions of reports from multiple people. She has decided she is going to build a template and dare anybody to change it.

I'm just gonna leave this here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the sort of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put!

Sent from my SPH-L720

That makes me think of Joe Pesci's character in the movie With Honors when he sits in on the Harvard lecture.

"At Harvard we don't end sentences in prepositions."

I am of the opinion that as long as we know what one means then their language has done its job

My belief is that when you regularly put effort in to what you write, it will become more and more effortless when it actually matters. It really simplifies things - I never have to "switch" between writing styles dependent on who I'm talking to.

I personally do not want my posts on this (or any other forum) to make me appear lazy, uneducated, or complacent.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

data[1].png

It's the best sort of trolling.

proxy.php

image.jpg Might have an E on his thumb, but this ends up being the wrong message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back