CCT Silhouette

Kparkin

Hello Everybody,

For the past 8 years I have been the volunteer in charge of my towns community theater lighting and we just recently got an offer of 8" CCT Silhouette Zoom Lekos" for $60 a piece, I would like to know are these good reliable instruments? I don't do this professionally and anything that's not an Altman or ETC is news to me, and the internet is doesn't have much of anything on these instruments. So are these worth it? Are these comparable to an ETC Source 4 zoom? Any details about these would be very appreciated.

Thank You all in Advance,

K

Last edited:
Hello Everybody,

For the past 8 years I have been the volunteer in charge of my towns community theater lighting and we just recently got an offer of 8" CCT Silhouette Zoom Lekos", I would like to know are these good reliable instruments? I don't do this professionally and anything that's not an Altman or ETC is news to me, and the internet is doesn't have much of anything on these instruments. So are these worth it? Are these comparable to an ETC Source 4 zoom? Any details about these would be very appreciated.

K
Are they free? Take them. I've never heard of them. But how bad could they be for free?

I have used CCT Sils before - they are a decent fixture, they aren't as bright as the s4 or spx in terms of brightness; in our theatre we usually use them on above stage lx bar for gobos etc, they are a pretty old fixture, and there are lots of holes in the body of the light where annoying rays of light escape. One LD once joked to me that more light comes out of the side then the end. Although this isnt true of course

They were pre-S4 and a pretty premium conventional ERS. As I recall, rotating barrel, good shutter rotation, etc. - but probably a 1000w FEL? Import from UK I think? Or do I have these very mixed up. I think Jim Crooks and Martin Moore were representing them - when they (and I) were youngsters.

Last edited:
They were pre-S4 and a pretty premium conventional ERC. As I recall, rotating barrel, good shutter rotation, etc. - but probably a 1000w FEL? Import from UK I think? Or do I have these very mixed up. I think Jim Crooks and Martin Moore were representing them - when they (and I) were youngsters.
They definitely have them in the Uk as I am in the UK and we have them. They work perfectly well, just don't expect them to be as good as a s4

Hello Everybody,

For the past 8 years I have been the volunteer in charge of my towns community theater lighting and we just recently got an offer of 8" CCT Silhouette Zoom Lekos" for $60 a piece, I would like to know are these good reliable instruments? I don't do this professionally and anything that's not an Altman or ETC is news to me, and the internet is doesn't have much of anything on these instruments. So are these worth it? Are these comparable to an ETC Source 4 zoom? Any details about these would be very appreciated.

K

Probably not a wise investment, even at $60 per fixture. These fixtures were not designed with 120V lamps in mind. This made them less efficient, and with more bad artifacts in the beam, when used with 120V lamps like the FEL.

ST

Google is amazing. https://www.cctlighting.com/130/Theatre_spotlights/Silhouette_Profiles.html

Wrong about lamp - a non-standard one in my experience and quite expensive - like more than the fixture various zooms from as low as 11 degrees to as high as 56 degrees. Wow. up to 2000+ watts. No wonder they kicked butt.
Do you know what ANSI code the bulb is? I feel like it has FELs in it just because it fit the socket, but CCT sells a bulb with a totally different filament style, buts its 240v and I can't seem to find a 120 equivalent. How expensive could they be? I already spend $25 a piece for DNS bulbs for my ancient Altmans

In general,I concur w/Mr Terry. I worked many years in a venue with a couple/three hundred of the things,and they are very tricky and maintenance intensive. I recall a reflector adjustment device that would slip out of kilter for any reason. A sports car fan colleague once said of the CCT product : " They're like a Leyland car, you have to tune it every time you drive it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back