CD player

my cd player (not the one at my school, my own personal one) has been acting weird for a looong time. sometimes it will read the cd, but then it won't be able to find any of the songs to play them. and forget about telling it a certain number to play or having it in shuffle mode - it just searches forever and never finds it. i've tried cleaning the eye, and i know it's not the cds. does anyone know what this could be??

- Lisa

Hehe, I had that problem too. It first stopped reading burned cds, and now it just doesn't read anything, ever. It just starts up for eternity . . . anyway, I just gave up on it, which I know isn't helpful for your purposes, and got a new one. ^^ Works much better. CD players are actually rather cheap now.

I'm moving away from a CD player to an mp3 player soon, I think, but I'm not sure when. I need to get a better computer first. ;)

Lisa

yeah i think that's what i'm going to end up doing. i was going to get an mp3 player for running that tells you your time and distance and all this neat stuff, but now i'm torn between that and a new one for my room LoL

- Lisa

TechnicalRunner said:
my cd player (not the one at my school, my own personal one) has been acting weird for a looong time. sometimes it will read the cd, but then it won't be able to find any of the songs to play them. and forget about telling it a certain number to play or having it in shuffle mode - it just searches forever and never finds it. i've tried cleaning the eye, and i know it's not the cds. does anyone know what this could be??

- Lisa

It sounds like the laser head has gotten out of alignment. A serviceman may be able to fix it but would a new one cost less then the service charge?

cutlunch said:
TechnicalRunner said:

- Lisa

It sounds like the laser head has gotten out of alignment. A serviceman may be able to fix it but would a new one cost less then the service charge?

depending on the cd player you have, it may or may not be worth getting a repair, if you are talking pro equipment or something really expensive like a bose wave radio you should repair it, but it its something cheap you are probably better off just replacing it. you should also dig up your old recipt and see what your warrantee was because u might even be able to replace it for free.

TechnicalRunner said:
yeah i think that's what i'm going to end up doing. i was going to get an mp3 player for running that tells you your time and distance and all this neat stuff, but now i'm torn between that and a new one for my room LoL

- Lisa

Well, can't you get one that functions as both?? My CD player does. ^^ I just plug in a different set of speakers.

Lisa

ccfan213 said:
cutlunch said:
TechnicalRunner said:

- Lisa

depending on the cd player you have, it may or may not be worth getting a repair, if you are talking pro equipment or something really expensive like a bose wave radio you should repair it, but it its something cheap you are probably better off just replacing it. you should also dig up your old recipt and see what your warrantee was because u might even be able to replace it for free.

Good point, if she still has it. ^^ When things with a warrenty break, you should just say they stopped working. Because it is true. ^^

Lisa

My sister had a CD player that just stoped working. I, being the nerd i am, took it appart and wiggled everything arround, now it works again, but you have to have the cd player be out of its plastic case and at a 45degree angle. (it looks cool though, the CD just spins arround in the air, but probably not reccomended for keeping your lazer clean or possibly geting invisible lazer light in your eyes. I dont use it any more, but it is still kicking arround somwhere in my room. (My sister got a new CD player that also plays MP3 cds :) )

my warrentee is long gone - i've had this thing since 1998 haha. i think i'll probably just get a new one. any reccomendations? i liked Lisa's idea of having one that works as a cd and mp3 player...what kinds do that?

there are a couple of kinds of mp3/cd players. there is the type that is both a regular mp3 player and a cd player, but i dont see the point to this, you may as well just get an mp3 player. there are also mp3 cd players that play data cds full of mp3s instead of or as well as regular music cds.

Ya, matt has it right on. Basicly just look for a CD player that has MP3 written all over it! You might also want to take a look at if it will support other file formats (WMA for example (which offers the same or better quality in smaller files)).

if your going to get a CD MP3 player, DO NOT get a Memorex cd mp3 player, they break really really easily, and just all around theyre pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back