CD80 SV Help

Xzilenifo

I know this is kind of a long shot, but does anyone out there live in in the SF bay area and would be willing to loan Albany High School a spare processor for the CD80 SV?

We have a performance running this week and the next, and our processor just decided to die. We don't have time to get it refurbished, and we are rapidly running out of options.

If you did, in fact have one and were willing to loan (or rent, I guess) it to us, you would not have only my eternal gratitude, but that of the entire Albany High School Theater program.

On a different note, does anyone have any quick fixes for a dying processor? Basically what happens when we turn on our dimmer panel the whole thing goes into panic mode with two rows of squares on the processor LED. After a short time, it decides to spontaneously start working, which it does for about 2 hours. After that, sometimes fiddling with the dimmer switches brings it back for a little while (as it dies, the processor flashes on and off before displaying an error and or lighting up the panic.

So, any takers?

Take it out, clean all of your contact points. Sounds like to me some data isnt getting through. Make sure that it is seated tightly.

At berkeley high we had some problems with the cd 80 packs we have that are actually from the 80s, and just turned out to be dirty contacts on the pack brains, and dust all over. So, Id try that first. Un-fortunatly, we cant really loan you anything from our system, even thou its close, as.. our theater is always under heavy use.

Good to hear from you Berkeley High!

I've already dusted everything possible without much luck. We're sending in the processor after this weekend on advice of a guy from Holzmeuller, trouble is it's a couple days too late. Anyway, I appreciate the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back