Design Ceiling Mounts for Lighting

Hi All,

I am working on a project for a venue and seeking some recommendations. The venue is pretty small and we are looking to install about 8 Chauvet DJ SlimPAR 64 lights in a split V formation (4 lights on each side) for a general stage wash we are looking for a way to mount these fixtures without using a truss system because of the low ceiling height and possible obstructed ceiling-mounted camera views. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get these units into the ceiling? The ceiling is a Conventional Ceiling w/ a decent attic crawlspace. The ceiling doesn't have any tiles so some of the traditionally sold mounts would not work. I was thinking of some pipe fixtures and then using clamps to connect but a little lost on that idea. Open to any suggestions from others that have done this or something similar before. Thanks in advance!

Awesome this is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find a name. This will work!

The generic name is channel steel. Also sold as Kindorf, Versa-Bar and Super Strut, the last might be proprietary to Home Depot. Electrical supply houses as well as HD and Lowe’s sell variations as well as the accessories such as the fastening nuts, etc.,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back