Central NY IATSE recruitment

Lextech

Passing this along for those of you in Central New York, Syracuse, Utica, Rome, Watertown and the surrounding areas. Not a full time job but a way into IATSE and great for someone with a flexible schedule. If you have questions PM me or better yet email Linda Mack at the address below.

Interested in working backstage?
International Alliance of
Theatrical Stage Employees
Syracuse NY Local #9

is hosting an
Open House - Job Fair
Landmark Theatre
Friday, June 4 6pm-8pm
Use Stage Door on Clinton St
We provide labor for various venues including the Landmark and Civic Center Theatres, St Joe’s Amphitheatre and Onondaga County War Memorial.
Recruiting part time stagehands for all departments. Experience appreciated, but not necessary.
Can’t make it? Contact Secretary Linda Mack
[email protected]

I’m curious how their numbers are looking as far as members and over hire as we come out of this.

While I am a Local 9 member, I no longer do much work there since I am 8 hours down 81. I know, as with a lot of other locals, some of the older members took the lull in work to retire, some members found other work and some just disappeared. Normally they keep busy with two houses that do Yellowcard shows as well multiple venues for concerts, the NYS Fair, a convention center and what ever else that Syracuse University throws their way. Again as a new member or permit worker, and depending on skill set, you might work a little or a lot. This is a foot in the door, what you do with it is up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back