Ceremonia Festival Cancelled after 'Inclement Weather' Damages Stage.

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
This story caught my eye on Sunday on Facebook. A very brief blurb was accompanied by a picture of the stage from a distance away off the SR side. It appeared as though at least one of the Speaker Stacks had collapsed and was lying on the ground on its side. There may have been some damage to the First onstage truss as well.
I've been looking but have turned up no other pictures. I've seen no reports of injuries and the organizer has cancelled the one day festival
website announcement here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...nceled-after-inclement-weather-damages-stage/

proxy.php

Also looks to be part of an LED wall laying there.

Curiously I've seen nothing about this anywhere else. Is it because nobody was killed or hurt?

Curiously I've seen nothing about this anywhere else. Is it because nobody was killed or hurt?

They did their job right. Call off the event. Get everyone offsite. If the thing falls down and no one is around to see it... did it happen? The thousands of shows that get called of a year due to weather never get reported widely... the ones that go off when they shouldn't do. Its also taking place in Mexico, so there is little coverage in the US about that. Odds are the spanish language news outlets wrote it up but there is little crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back