CFL Output?

Anything from what's left of xenon lamps to all sorts of arc lamp types.

Xenon? Though those were pretty safe, just tungsten electrodes, quartz, and good old inert xenon. Don't remember any toxic caution labels on them from the old Super Trouper days. Of course, that was quite a few years ago! As for the rest of them, just spray glue on them, roll them in glitter, and sell them at a craft fair! ;)

(only a joke folks)

yep safe and could put them into the halogen/incandescent drum except for two concepts. First explosive even if not at temperature. Granted I ensure the lamp storage safety gear is installed when recycled meaning be it padding or actual plastic globe protection for the lamp goes into the trash with the lamp. One drum is fairly safe, the other you don't want to be just dropping lamps into. Second rare earth materials. If someone is pulling out rare earth chemicals much less electrodes, the xenon lamps have rare earth or very valuable materials in the cathode and anod which would be easier to recycle by way of sending them back with the mover light lamps.

This plus the safety factor. Don't want a PAR 64 lamp dropped into that bin above one of these lamps. Hmm, 4.5KW xenon lamp verses PAR 64 lamp...

Ship that REALLY is an impressive barrel of lamps... and my hat's off to you for doing the right thing with them!

I'd suggest you visit http://www.colorkinetics.com/ and see what the future holds.

As you probably know already, Philips bought Color Kinetics and is investing billions in LED technology.

This is really exciting to watch for an old timer like me... such a bright future.

That looks like boathouse row here in Philly. I know it's LED lighting now, maybe it's colorkinetics.

That IS boat house row! I think those strings are a custom fabrication. I remember when they were doing the refirb, but I never stopped by to get a close look. Looks great now though! Have to wonder how many cars ran off the Surekill Crawlway looking over at that at night!

That IS boat house row! I think those strings are a custom fabrication. I remember when they were doing the refirb, but I never stopped by to get a close look. Looks great now though! Have to wonder how many cars ran off the Surekill Crawlway looking over at that at night!

And Derek makes fun of me for not liking that road!

BTW, the LED upgrade is awesome, they look a hundred times better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back