Champagne Glasses

We are doing drowsy chaperone and the kids are having difficulty balancing the champagne glasses on trays...any tips? I'm using plastic champagne glasses with martinellis. In the past we've glued washers to the bottoms but I think the height of the plastic glasses just works against the kids and their tray skills.

Is there a particular hard plastic glass out there that you prefer?

Reactions: Van
A light spray of 3M spray adhesive (or similar) on the tray and flute bases will make things tacky, but won't form a permanent bond.

A light spray of 3M spray adhesive (or similar) on the tray and flute bases will make things tacky, but won't form a permanent bond.

will also require cleaning/reapplication. Never tried this but it seems like a viable solution...

There is a clear plastic sticky material called museum putty that museums use to prevent their display objects from sliding around on shelves.
They place a lozenge of the material on the bottom of the object and it holds it well enough, but is easy to move and re-place the items, as necessary.
That might be something to try...

I was about to suggest museum putty. In my experience, it's worked well but does have the tendency to melt or drip if it gets too warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back