Chamsys Magic Q with an Lanbox LCX

nishrigo

Hi,

I am trying to figure out whether it is possible to control a Show using the Chamsys Magic Q (PC/MAC version) with a LanBox LCX running a 2.11 firmware.

I have been able to configure the LanBox to use the ArtNet protocol, and I am wondering if it would be possible for Magic Q to output the commands to the dimmers. Since Magic Q supports quite a few 3rd party hardwares, I think that this should work (theoretically).

So then, as I had said, the LanBox is configured for ArtNet, and it is shown on Chamsys Magic Q in Setup - View System - ArtNet nodes.

But then it stays at that. I have not been able to get the dimmers to respond to the commands sent by Magic Q, and needless to say, I am getting slightly irritated by this.

Can some knowledgeable person out there guide me step-by-step in achieving what I am trying to do?

If you're able to see the LanBox under ViewSystem, then I'd check under Setup > View DMX I/O. Firstly check that the universes you are trying to output are enabled, then also that the out Type is set to Art-Net along with the correct Out Uni number.
If that doesn't work let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back