ChamSys QuickQ 10

I've played with it on the show floor and had the full demo a couple of times. It's really easy to use and quite powerful, and at a great price point. It would be great for a small school, church, or community theater. If you have any specific questions or need help setting up a demo I'm sure @Ford or @Ben Dickmann can help you.

Just used one a few nights ago for a choir performance in a small chapel. It's exactly as you said, great for small school, community theater, etc. and great price point. Read through the manual and then took about 45 minutes to patch some additional fixtures and build a cue stack for the performance. Could have easily been done by
a student with some training. Although any tech savvy student could probably figure it out on their own in short order. Built in WiFi and an iPad app, also a desktop app to build a show offline. Has 2 universes, control wheels for hue+saturation, one cue fader, and two chase faders. There are also twenty faders to the left that can be switched between individual
fixtures, groups, or cues. You can record one cue on to each of the twenty faders. So lots of capability in a small package. If you need a little more, the QuickQ 20 adds 10 cue stack faders and controls for pan and tilt if your using movers.

This is wild. I was literally just looking at this console for a friend who is setting up new equipment in a small religious space. Was looking at the ETC Colorsource console, but it seems limiting in only allowing 40 fixtures, not sure how many DMX channels that is. The Chamsys seems like a small scale, but fully capable board.

To all who replied thank you. We run a ETC Element 2 in the main theater and our old ETC Expression 3 in our smaller theater. Unfortunately the EXP3 did a nose dive. We have tried other consoles before but have out that you have to be very careful about the claims on "Channels" (Fixtures - whatever) you can control. Some quote the number of DMX addresses you can use which has nothing to do with the number of control channels you can use to put valid data onto an address. For example the King Kong 1024 can output to any DMX address from 1 to 1024 (that's two universes). BUT! The console itself has only 96 control channels, and as many Multi Parameter Devices like LED can take up from 3 to dozens of CC's you soon run out of control space.
I would be interested in knowing how many control channels we would get with the QuickQ 10 - Anyone know offhand?

I'm sort of answering my own question here I think! From what I have read this faders are like control channels. I.E although we could address anywhere inside the DMX universe we really only have the 20 faders to work with. So I can't control say my 96 dimmers for legacy lights. Am I wrong. At the moment this looks more like a DJ 'busker' machine albeit one with lots of bells and whistles. I just wish there were more folks out there with experience using it for larger shows.

Yep, I'm aware. Like our KK1024 has 96 control channels that can be mapped onto a row of 16 faders through 6 "Pages" - Question - does the QuickQ 10 do the same and if so how many pages?

When in fader mode its appears just dimmers for the first twenty heads, don’t see any way to change pages or chose which 20 dimmers, but if your in group mode you can create 20 groups and doesn’t seem to be any limit to how many heads/fixtures can be in a group.

When in fader mode its appears just dimmers for the first twenty heads, don’t see any way to change pages or chose which 20 dimmers, but if your in group mode you can create 20 groups and doesn’t seem to be any limit to how many heads/fixtures can be in a group.
That seriously limits this board for our type of use. But can you tell me if you can enter form the keyboard something like "45 @ 90" to put number 45 at 90%? Or, are you restricted to highlighting in the Layout screen and then adjusting the level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back