Control/Dimming ChamSysPC Tablet add-on

biffster

Does anyone (for example one of the Chamsys reps) know if the Chamsys MagicQ PC software will support touch screen capability if one installs a tablet add-on to an existing laptop? E.G. Fujitsu FMV-U8240 UMPC. Would experienced users of MagicQ PC reccomend a Wacom DTF-720 with wireless keyboard? (As you can see, I am hunting down a cheaper alternative to a dedicated 15" tablet PC). I am beginning to use the MagicQ and feel I wish to migrate to touch screen. I am almost certain that I will eventually want a Chamsys wing - I am old school, and need the comfort of jumping cues in 3D)

Any help is more than appreciated.

According to the Chamsys documentation anything that is recognized by your operating system as a pointing device (capable of 'clicking') can work with the MagicQ software.

Make sure that whatever you get can handle finger-touch and isn't pen-only because that's no fun...
Also I'd strongly suggest that whatever touchscreen you use is at least 12" (I even find the buttons on my 12" widescreen a bit to small for comfort) unless your fingers are half as thick as my relatively thin fingers....

thanks for the reply.
yes, the material does says it recognizes that..but I am trying to get confirmation. My tired eyes can't handle anything under 14", and after 30 years of heavy things dropped on my fingers, they are very thick. Thanks for the spec on " finger touch"....good advice.

You can also flip the PC console into touch screen mode, which is pretty awesome if you look at it. After I get my wing, I will be teaming it up with 2 15" touchscreens and be able to do anything I need to do.

Thanks.
That sounds like a great set up. How does MagicQ split itself onto 2 screens? Does it just send left side to left screen, effectively doubling the width? Are you going to run 2 touch screens from a desktop cpu? or 1 tablet PC with a second screen?
BTW...Are the rotary dials active as dials in touch screen mode?

Thanks.
That sounds like a great set up. How does MagicQ split itself onto 2 screens? Does it just send left side to left screen, effectively doubling the width? Are you going to run 2 touch screens from a desktop cpu? or 1 tablet PC with a second screen?
BTW...Are the rotary dials active as dials in touch screen mode?

MagicQ recognizes each screen seperatly through the multi window page in setup. It knows the resolution of each screen. It keeps the faceplane and main window in your main screen. To throw a window to the other screen you hit the EXT button. You can then re-size the windows and all that good stuff. To bring a window back, hit the EXT button again. I keep all my palletes on my second screen and my programmer/cuelist/effects on the main screen. I have yet to do the touchscreen thing yet with the console, but I will be hopefully soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back