Chauvet and Elation LEDs Postives+negitives

Mega Lite isn't bad but now all the good manufacturers have solved the flicker problems and dimmer stepping. My only issue with Chauvet Pro is still their odd (sometimes) DMX timing. I have the same issue with NSI.

Mike

I think that in general, LED technology is ramping up at a very fast rate. The products that will be available in a year will be a far cry from what's out now at that price.

But one thing that will always be true is that a good salesperson will take the time to discover what the client needs and answer that, rather than to try and fit a square peg into a round hole.

I think that in general, LED technology is ramping up at a very fast rate. The products that will be available in a year will be a far cry from what's out now at that price.

But one thing that will always be true is that a good salesperson will take the time to discover what the client needs and answer that, rather than to try and fit a square peg into a round hole.

I agree 100%. That is why I sell 5 different manufacturers. But you are right, I am now shipping the first ever 5W LED PARs.

Mike

Agreed. We're ramping up our production of a series of 1 and 3 watt RGBAW fixtures. The additional amber and white diodes increases the color pallet and offers pastels.

proxy.php

i'm actually designing an entirely LED show. it's not a theatre show basically a wow show. i'm not working with massive trims or huge areas which is why i decided to choose led. the main stage consisist of elation designe spot pros...8 of them. can't say enough good things about them. the only bad thing is... if i where in a larger venue i would have to go to a 575e or higher. i've also chosen the chauvet legend 4500s... 10 of them. awsome light. verry bright for smaller venues. oh... the stage is 32 x 20 with a 18ft trim... no problems supplying light where you want it with these puppies.... down side... out of ten fixtures delivered... three are being exchanged... which brings me to my third choice... the chauvet par 64-36. more then bright enough for the aplication however the company did not deliver on time so they were exchanged fo the microh pars... in my oppinion night and day to the chauvet for not too much more. using 36 of them. and then a bunch of various led fx lighting to fill in the gaps. for a live stage such as this i think you would be nuts to consider any other kind of lighting.... i also think they would work well in a smaller theatre setting. as long as you arnt concerned with tv/video bein used. they will light you up just fine and offer a lot less hassle then dimmers,bulbs and that horrible sok crap. however if you need massive amounts of wash at the right k then your stuck with dimmers and bulbs. i threw 24 high powered white cans at the ring and it still wasn't enough light and the wrong kind for the camera... we are going to have to bring in lekos and opti zooms for that. as far as the two different brands... hands down elation... the fit and finish... the functionality and the smooth operation... well made product. not happy with the chauvet company at all... can't even comment on their cans cause they didn't even show up... microh's... fantastic bright rgb for the price... also outdoor rated which makes them an affordable choice for event rigs.

If you are trying to sell LEDs to theatre then get some of what you are trying to sell and see what it can do, think where they might be usable and then always offer a demo. That way they know what they are buying and you don't need to worry about ripping off friends. Sell on the idea that they are somewhat disposable and only slightly better than a rental. They do have soem uses in theatre, limited ones, but uses none the less.
I would lean toward Elation if no other reason than support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back