Chauvet Colorsplash 196

lightmeup

Okee dokee, has anyone else got any of these fixtures?? how do you find them?? I've got a couple of them, and have been fiddling around with the dips, trying to get them to stay on at full intensity, with not program running, or missing rings of light. Can someone with some experience with these tell me if there is a dip switch setting, without having them hooked up to the DMX control, that will allow the light to stay on at all times. I don't have this problem with my Colorsplash Jr. I can get them to stay on at full with no problem, but the 196 are not doing what I want them to.

I would suggest using these par cans with you light board,

You can not do this kind of thing without a controller on the Colorsplash's.
The only thing the dip switches will do, or made to do, is cycle through the lights little pattern slowest, less slow, slow, slow medium, medium, fast medium, slow fast, fast or very fast.
Or you can make them blackout, in absence of DMX by setting dip switch 10.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Kind of unfortunate that they didn't put that simple little setting in there to turn them all on. Would be ideal for interior lighting in a tent. No big deal, I'll just run it off my control, that'll work.

Okay : )

My led par can isn't made for all on, but it will do that if I set it for DMX and there is no input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back