Chauvet DJ US and Europe Only?

Jeff Lelko

Greetings,

I couldn’t help but notice while browsing Chauvet DJ’s newest offerings that many items are tagged as US or Europe only. Can anyone comment about this? It’s the first I’ve seen of this type of distribution. As a lover of effects lights I’m happy to see new products in this category! Naturally I’m disappointed that the Gobo Zap is Europe only at the moment... Guess I’ll have to keep using my vintage Martin SynchroZaps!

Thanks!
-Jeff

Usually things like that are regional due to compliance issues. Maybe it doesn't meet code to pass UL/ETL listing or has emissions beyond FCC part 15.

Thanks Ronald - that was my thought too but I just find it odd. I'd think that especially for DJs the United States represents a significant market share and thus it wouldn't make sense to exclude them intentionally. The same would go for the Europe market. I'd never seen this before for such a significant number of new products and wanted to see if anyone had further insight. Thanks again!

Hi Jeff,

Chauvet is a global company and some markets will get different fixtures depending on the demand and this is a great example of that. Based on our research, the GoboZap effect was desired more in Europe than it was in the USA so that is why it has a EU flag on the website and is not available in the USA. As of right now, there are no plans on bringing that item into the US, however if the market demands it, we can easily adapt. The fixture uses an auto-ranging power supply (100-240V) and with a simple change of the IEC power output to an Edison connector, this effect will be USA-ready. It has absolutely nothing to do with UL/ETL/FCC approvals as these standards are not mandatory in order to sell in the USA. The GoboZap meets all current CE/LVD/UKCA directives for sale into Europe (just like every other Chauvet DJ item) and again, can be brought into the USA market if the demand is there.

I hope this helps shed some light onto the situation (pun intended!) :p
Happy Gigging!

Thanks Alan! I really appreciate the insight. I never really thought that there'd be such a difference in product demand between the two markets, but I'm sure your sales numbers can certainly guide product distribution much better than someone like me just browsing the new products page! In any case I'm still happy that you're showing some love to the effects lights - something that I feel is an often-overlooked tool in lighting design.

One of these days I need to inquire about applying the company I own to be a Chauvet dealer or at least stop by your Florida showroom. I'm in the area often enough that it'd be nice to finally meet some of the faces behind the posts here (despite me being far more active over at ProSoundWeb). Thanks again for answering my question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back