Chauvet DJ's DMX-RT playback problems

Hi there,

I've been using several Chauvet DJ's DMX-RT devices without any problems for several years. I just bought two recently, and they are having problems to play back DMX light sequences correctly...

Recording works, and I've set them to loop on startup. They loop once, twice, or several times but then suddenly stop the playback in the middle of a sequence. I've tried different micro SD cards all class 10, reformatted the cards FAT32 with different allocation unit sizes, etc. Nothing seems to help...

I've contacted Chauvet but they didn't have much of an explanation...

Anybody out there with advice?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Erwin

Zero relevant experience, but a possible troubleshooting suggestion: if you still have one or more of the older ones, then moving the SD card and showfile to one of those would be an interesting test. That would narrow down whether there's something different about the new units, or whether there's something special about your new show that's breaking things.

We had a few of these in an install and ended up ripping them out for the same reasons you are having. My theory is that they constantly wrote to the SD-Card because we would go through a SD-Card once a week.

We had a few of these in an install and ended up ripping them out for the same reasons you are having. My theory is that they constantly wrote to the SD-Card because we would go through a SD-Card once a week.
At least I am not the only one...
Did you find an alternative, economic, and small DMX recorder/player?
I've used the Swisson XCR-200 in the past but it is bigger and more expensive. Enttec also has similar...

Thanks,

Erwin

I bought two of the RT units as well this year and had issues. I just wanted to record a short, 1-2 second recording that was triggered for playback but I could not get it to work consistently.

FYI Chauvet replaced this unit with the DMX-RT4 and it looks like it supports firmware updates (to hopefully fix future bugs).

They discontinued the DMX-RT (for good reason).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back