Control/Dimming Chauvet DMX-4

bseabrook

The DMX-4 works normally for all settings in the chase mode but does not respond to DMX input. There is no LED channel activity when a known good controller is connected. I am familiar with circuit troubleshooting, but is there a schematic posted anywhere?

None that I am aware of. Here's the layout- The DMX connector feeds a RS-485 interface chip which then inputs to the main microprocessor. If the unit is displaying that there is DMX present, then the signal is making it that far. If that is the case, for some reason the processor is ignoring the data. Make sure all the usual suspects are covered. (Address, mode, etc)
If there is no indication that DMX is hitting the unit than you want to make sure your cables are good and that the signal is of proper polarity. If these are good but still no DMX status light, then start thinking interface chip or processor.

Visiting this thread and it's sub-threads may help- Control/Dimming - Repairing Chauvet DMX-4 dimmers. | ControlBooth

The DMX-4 works normally for all settings in the chase mode but does not respond to DMX input. There is no LED channel activity when a known good controller is connected. I am familiar with circuit troubleshooting, but is there a schematic posted anywhere?
The basic problem was that this dimmer is wired with the one common wire looped between the output sockets. These are push-in connections and the stranded wire they use eventually burned inside the connector. Separate commons with screw connections would be a better design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back