Chauvet Maverick Storm Wash

drankin

I have two new maverick storm washes. They both seemed fine, but now one of them is acting strangely. I have tried resetting it to factory settings. It seems to work sometimes and other times not. The movement on it seems fine but for some cues the light will not come on. When it does come on, the color selection seems to be the complementary color or something close to it. Right now I have them set in Single mode Standard. Any ideas?

I have two new maverick storm washes. They both seemed fine, but now one of them is acting strangely. I have tried resetting it to factory settings. It seems to work sometimes and other times not. The movement on it seems fine but for some cues the light will not come on. When it does come on, the color selection seems to be the complementary color or something close to it. Right now I have them set in Single mode Standard. Any ideas?
Have you ensured that the DMX address is patched correctly in the board, or that the unit has the correct address programmed? That is usually the cause for mismatched colors, but then you pan/tilt also would it be responding, but it still worthwhile to check.

Thinking about it more, it doesn't seem all that strange assuming you are using 16b pan and tilt.

If you have new fixtures, this is what warranties are for. If you bought them from a reputable dealer, they might have better luck running interference with Chauvet for you than you would have on your own.

Hey Drankin,
Jac is on the right track with Customer Service... Though, it's actually easier if you call in directly. They will talk you through trouble shooting. If that doesn't solve it, they'll get your units either swapped out or repaired.
Call 1-800-762-1084, or email [email protected] for support.

Hope that helps,
-Ford

Acting strangely, but only sometimes sounds to me like it could be a bad DMX cable. I'd started there If possible run a fresh cable right from the desk to the fixture. Also Make sure they are both in the correct mode. If it still acts funny set the one that won't work right to the SAME address of the one that works correctly. If they both do exactly the same thing, with no issues, then It might be somewhere in your programming. If it still acts funny, It's probably the fixture.

Just throwing this out there, but is RDM turned on? That sometimes causes similar problems with other fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back