Chauvet MiN Spot.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
As icewolf mentioned in the Facebook Group discussion of this one, it's only 1000 lux, so it's gonna be really, really tough to see unless all the lights are off. However, I really want to see one, and it is a great club effect. And it's Gobos and LED's. Which is sweet in it's own right.

hmm, I'm sure there are plenty of cool uses for such a little guy, even if it isn't the brightest.

Once again a really cool LED product that just isn't quite up to theater standards. Once they beef up the power of those LEDs a little we are all going to be begging for this stuff.

LEDs and gobos? That's pretty awesome. But, does anyone know they run for?

Me and my girlfriend were messing around at Guitar Center yesterday playing pianos and synths and I came across this in the intelligent lighting/sound showroom. They run for about $449 but can be had at about $350 on ebay. As far as intensity goes, it isn't much but I'll bet it would compete with some LED par 64's. I could see it even with the other lights on, but only at about a 15-20 foot throw. At this stage it's probably only good for DJ's and clubs, but man I would love to have some of these in a media room! It would be perfect for things like that! They had it hooked up to an Elation board and it responded really well to DMX commands though it didn't seem very fast. Otherwise it looked really sturdy and well designed. No heat produced and a 50,000 hour rated LED life. My girlfriend said it was cute (especially after seeing the larger Elation PowerSpot's). It's so small it would blend in to a rig of Par16's and look like a rig of Martin Mac 250's and par 64's from really really far away. haha.

Here's a pic of a few Minspots used in Chauvet's booth at LDI. Their booth won the "Best Booth" award.

proxy.php

Here's a shot of the booth.

proxy.php

And for you folks out there who want to trick out your room with LED technology, Chauvet sold 'em off cheap...the LDI demo MiNspots are available from CenterStage for $275...I've been thinking about getting one for my room, and to use when I assist in the lighting classes for an in-class demo of gobos, RGB mixing, and moving light technology, since it doesn't have a warm up time, doesn't take alot of power, and can sit in the middle of the table without blocking anyone's view.

Well that's just plain cool. I'm thinking I may need to get one or two of these. Oh the possibilities...:mrgreen:

So cheap, so tempting.... how do I justify it???.....

For Research! And everyone sitting at the tech tables here thinks it is cool.

If you ever have to teach any classes on lighting, it's 100 percent justified - even if you just are showing someone how RGB mixing works...and hey, ya get a cool tech table toy in the process. Hook it up to a little no-name dmx board, and you're ready to go!

Alternate justification - it's so friggin cool that ya just gotta have one.

It's an LED moving head spot with gobos, how can you not? Plus, we all want to see someone put it through its paces!

We got them in stock late last week and have had one running since then. Nice little units with a surprisingly good build and smooth movement.

Well, when mine comes I will give a review as well.

Wow what a deal. I'm trying to pick up two of them. As was said, how sweet they would be for teaching! Unfortunately they are considered used so there's a bunch of state laws that kick in.

Anybody got an opinion on the Chauvet DMX 55 as a simple programmable stand alone controller for two of these guys? Not trying to rock the world, just want to allow students to program a few cues and watch them go. Centerstage has the DMX 55 on clearance for $127.50. Two minis and a controller for $677 shipped sounds like a good deal to me.

Get the DMX55. It's a cheap console, but will fit the application perfectly. And it's clearance, so you're getting a really sweet deal on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back