Automated Fixtures Chauvet Ovation Experiences?

Amishplumber

Hey Internet,

So, I've been all about the recent Chauvet Pro renaissance these last couple of years. I own Chauvet Professional lights I have been super happy with (Colordash Batten Quad-6's and NXT-1s). I have many friends who have invested in Chauvet Pro gear and been very happy.

I recently sold (3) Chauvet Ovation B-2805FC striplights to a client and they are crapping the bed almost immediately. One of them is already being sent back to Chauvet for a replacement temperature sensor and now the other two are having issues. They've been on the job for under 2 months in an install environment.

Anybody else had similar experiences with the Chauvet Ovation line? My client is thinking about buying more of these units, but I don't think I can recommend that in good conscience.

Would love some perspectives and first hand accounts of Chauvet Ovation products!

1 is ok, 2 a coincidence , 3 they are doing something wrong with them.

I would go check how they are using them before recommending anything.

@ChrisPflieger: Both. The tech who deals with the lights is having issues and his boss wants to buy more.

@Amiers: Unfortunately, I can't go to the venue in person. This would be easy if I could!

hopefully they havent plugged them into a system that uses the +5V MPX protocol. That could certainly kill the DMX chips and in the very least abhorrent behavior.

hopefully they havent plugged them into a system that uses the +5V MPX protocol. That could certainly kill the DMX chips and in the very least abhorrent behavior.

The possibilities of what they did is endless. If you can't get to the venue then ask them for a detailed breakdown of how they are wired in power and DMX wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back